Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Cleaning, Restoration and Sealing

Sponsors

Old 01-18-2019, 09:54 AM   #1
TileTek

Rainbow stain on porcelain tile!

Hey guys! Upon cleaning my kids shower floor I noticed a Chamaeleon or rainbow stain in the middle of the shower floor, and I could not scrub it up with tile cleaner. It seems to be absorbed into the porcelain itself. This is blowing my mind! This is expensive Italian tile with full Schluter system linear drain in the shower. ...I know it's a bit much for the kids.... The only information I got out of them was that there was some cheap soap one of them was using and might have left it spilled sitting in the middle of the shower floor.... If the stain absorbed into this dense porcelain tile my guess is it can definitely come back outů What do you guys think? What kind of chemical and pull this out? See Pic below Thanks!
Attached Images

Last edited by TileTek; 01-18-2019 at 10:02 AM.
TileTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2019, 02:19 PM   #2
JITILE

Wow that's a unique problem I know that bleach takes ink out of things did you try a rag soaked in bleach? I would just be careful not the beach the grout so it doesn't change color
Old 01-20-2019, 10:18 AM   #3
fhueston

try this

I would try an abrasives on it. Perhaps even a marble polishing powder that contains oxalic acid. It wont hurt the tile

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase