Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Cleaning, Restoration and Sealing

Sponsors

Unread 11-25-2009, 07:06 PM   #1
kimgilliam

Polished Marble grout haze marks non-sealed

Tile guys just recently tiled floor with polished marble. I guess the tile was not fully cleaned because in areas a haze remains that looks like the grout was washed off but not fully clean. It has not been sealed, but the haze doesn't come off with a marble cleaner or soap and water. What can I do without ruining the polished look?
Unread 11-25-2009, 09:02 PM   #2
Davestone
Florida Tile & Stone Man

What kind of marble is it, and did they use sanded grout or a grout haze remover such as vinegar?

I find almost all polished marble will wipe clean if the grout is unsanded and there are no other issues, which makes me wonder waht is wrong.There are non acidic grout haze removers but i think there is something else wrong, such as scratching from maybe sanded grout, or maybe they used sponges left over from a sanded grout job,or used an acidic haze remover and etched the stone.

http://Davestonestile.com
Davestone is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase