Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 04-05-2005, 08:25 AM   #1
Eka

Smile Help with laying mosaic tiles

Hi,
I was wondering if somebody could give me info on how to do or where to find, what I found is referred to as, ‘antique fan’ pattern of mosaic tiles. I looked it up on the internet and didn't find much. I was thinking of doing the bathroom floor like that and using ceramic mosaic tiles. Does somebody sell sheets like that or could I do it myself?
Any input greatly appreciated.
Eka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 04-05-2005, 08:58 AM   #2
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
Hi Eka, Welcome aboard.

I think you might have to give us a picture, a web site or something to look at. Antique Fan can be just about anything. Where did you run onto it?
John Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2005, 10:00 AM   #3
Eka

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bridge
Hi Eka, Welcome aboard.

I think you might have to give us a picture, a web site or something to look at. Antique Fan can be just about anything. Where did you run onto it?
Thanks for welcoming me aboard,
This is the thing; I saw it in a magazine which just said it was a Mexican tile floor. Needless to say I loved it. Then I looked it up, hoping to find a pattern, mold or something, but the only thing I found on the web was at http://barefootfloor.com/mosaic/floo...t/antique-fan/. Although, their Antique fan looks slightly different than the stuff in my magazine, it is a variation on a theme.
Mainly because their stuff is marble and $26/sheet and because I am in Canada I was looking at doing it myself. Any suggestions? Could I do it even though I am not a tiling pro?
Thanks in advance
Eka is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase