Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 01-08-2006, 08:54 PM   #1
robedoll

Master Shower Design

OK I am in the pre planning stage to redo our master bathroom. I currently have a 48" fiberglass shower unit and no tub. I would like to replace the 48" unit with a 4' x 8' tile double shower. There is two exterior windows that can NOT be relocated so I have to work around them. The toilet and vanity is shown at their current location. I thought of leaving them where they are but can move if needed. This will be a total rip out and redo so moving the plumbing isnt out of the question. Here is a rough drawing please feel free to critique as needed.

Last edited by robedoll; 01-08-2006 at 09:09 PM.
robedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-08-2006, 09:50 PM   #2
Davy
Moderator -- Mud Man

I'm not a plumber but I think getting the valves that close could be a problem. I would probably like them better further apart anyway. Make sure you want your shower heads that high, looks like they are about 8 ft high.

www.davystephenstile.com
Davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2006, 10:04 PM   #3
robedoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy
I'm not a plumber but I think getting the valves that close could be a problem. I would probably like them better further apart anyway. Make sure you want your shower heads that high, looks like they are about 8 ft high.
Valves will be placed side by side as close as possible based on valve design.

The pipe that the shower heads screw into will be coming out of the wall around the 7'4" range this will put the heads down around the 6'8" range. I think that the plumber who plumbed in my current shower head must have been a midget. My current shower head is at 5'4", Kinda akward when you are 6'2" tall. I may change the right side to a rain head straight down out of the ceiling.

Any Plumbers out there???? What is the standard heigth for shower heads????
robedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2006, 08:36 PM   #4
Davy
Moderator -- Mud Man

I'm sure they have a standard height, not sure what that is. In this shower I would make one side comfortable for you, the other side for your wife. It's common in a shower with two shower heads to have one higher than the other.

www.davystephenstile.com
Davy is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase