Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Professionals' Hangout

Sponsors

Unread 08-05-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
hevnbnd

ProSource Hardwood Glues

I can not remember the brands that they had, however they said they had 3 different kinds. Two with urethane in it and one that did not. One was $700 for 800sqft and the other two $500 for 800sqft. Anyone know what kind of glue they carry and does that not sound high for the glues? Also which one should I get? Thanks don't do much hardwood work...
Unread 08-05-2009, 08:37 PM   #2
HammerMill88

Brian, I don't know anything about ProSource glues. I use fresh Titebond II, and have never had a failure. You can probably google best hardwood glues. I think white glues are your best choice. Make sure you have plenty of good clamps with enough cauls before you start.

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty; it is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." William Pitt
HammerMill88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 08:39 PM   #3
HammerMill88

Oh, duh!!! I just now realized you are talking about gluing down a floor in which I have no experience!

Sorry, my concussion still has its grasp.

Good luck.

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty; it is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." William Pitt
Unread 08-05-2009, 08:43 PM   #4
hevnbnd

lol np, I did not make a lot of since probably in the post. Been a long day with the wife and mother both off and looking at flooring for our new home for 10 hours....
Unread 08-05-2009, 08:47 PM   #5
HammerMill88

No Brian, now I'm lol.

Definitely Good Luck to you!

I've always been able to nail my wood floors down. I'm sure you have a good vapor barrier under slab hopefully?

Oh, BTW, in my current remodel, I have had to tear out some - just a little - 1 1/2" white oak (Bruce) that was all hand nailed (4 penny finish). I am assuming in the 40's. They put down about 3,000' of the stuff throughout the house. How laborious you reckon that was? I had to patch 2 old floor furnace spots that took me a day each.

Unread 08-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #6
Shaughnn
Trowel Monkey

Hi Brian,
I just wrote to one of my local PRoSource reps, who is also in my Facebook network. When he writes back, I'll try to post here which brands are normally carried by the PRoSource chain.
SHaughnn
Shaughnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #7
hevnbnd

Vapor Barrier is 30mil plastic.. Hope they did a good job. Shaughnn thanks for the info.

Who knew it would take so long we went into prosource with all our floors and tiles picked out for the entire house and walked out with every tile being different and only bought the same hardwoods....
Unread 08-05-2009, 09:03 PM   #8
Shaughnn
Trowel Monkey

I believe that each ProSource showroom is independently owned so your experience might differ than others. But here locally, they have a really well-stocked showroom and a really helpful staff. Is the new tile, just different or do you like it better than the stuff you originally had in mind?
Shaughnn
Unread 08-05-2009, 09:07 PM   #9
hevnbnd

Well I am just trying to do the install.... What my wife had picked out several months before all changed when she went back with me to buy it... Who knew her tastes could change so much in a few months... However we have a 4 month old now and her hormones may have been crazy before or now.. Not sure which....
Unread 08-05-2009, 10:10 PM   #10
gueuzeman

Quote:
Who knew her tastes could change so much in a few months.
How long have you known her? How long have you been married?

Just kidding, I hope.

gueuzeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2009, 12:02 AM   #11
Shaughnn
Trowel Monkey

Sorry Brian. The perils of electronic communication being5 what they are, he misunderstood my question and recommended "Bostik's Best". I think he's off for the night now so you might as well just call your showroom tomorrow. morning.
I tried,
Shaughnn
Unread 08-09-2009, 04:57 PM   #12
hevnbnd

Thanks, No worries. Ended up going with some bostik.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase