Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > The Mud Box

Sponsors

Unread 01-09-2022, 09:02 AM   #1
Just In Tile LLC

Omicron Symptoms

Good Morning Everyone,

Wanted to share my personal experience with this strain of covid. I came down with symptoms on Thursday (while I was floating a 10' shower) and have been bed ridden pretty much til now. I was up and down a ladder the previous day so I figured I was sore from that... nope.

Started as sore muscles and that flu weakness throughout that slowly got more intense. Came home and was in bed immediately. Just super sore everywhere and can barely move cuz you're so tired and weak.

Friday I woke up feeling pretty good all things considered, and thought wow that was quick. Then weakness came back but this time with a migraine that was very intense...(behind my eyes) it was the worst part for me because it NEVER let up. A heating pad on the head helped alot to dull it. All day Saturday it was migraine and sore muscles, nothing as far as chest or breathing issues but stomach gets knotted up just because the migraine pain was so intense consistently. Wouldn't wish it on anyone and can tell how much it taxed my body (this being the weaker of all the strains) I can't imagine breathing issues on top of this. Very serious
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-09-2022, 04:23 PM   #2
Kman

Hope it's over for you soon, Justin.

Funny how the symptoms for each person vary so widely, from little to no symptoms at all to death.

Seems this variant is the weakest so far, due to its weak ability to replicate. So if you're going to catch it, this seems to be the one to get. But it does spread from person to person like wildfire.

The top ten reasons to procrastinate:

Kman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2022, 04:51 PM   #3
jadnashua
Veteran DIYer- Schluterville Graduate

STAR Senior Contributor

In Cyprus this last week, they discovered a small group of people that had a new variation that appears to have the combined effects of Delta and Omicron. So, higher infection rates, and both the upper and lower respiratory tracts affected...maybe the worst of both worlds. Now, Cyprus is an island, but if it can happen there, it could happen elsewhere. We're not out of this yet. It's too early to know if that one is confined or is already out but not identified yet elsewhere. Omicron tends to infect the upper respiratory tract more, while Delta affects the lower (lungs) more. It's easier to spread when it's in the upper tract. This new variation has a lot of the spike protein changes, but the characteristics of both.

Hold onto your hat.
Not a pro, multiple Schluter Workshops (Schluterville and 2013 and 2014 at Schluter Headquarters), Mapei Training 2014, Laticrete Workshop 2014, Custom Building Products Workshop 2015, and Longtime Forum Participant.
jadnashua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2022, 08:39 AM   #4
Davy
Moderator -- Mud Man

Justin, were you tested? My symptoms started Friday afternoon and are still going on. I can't find anyplace to get a test but I'm calling around this morning.

The body aches are the worst part for me. A head ache that won't go away and a fever, 101.6 is the highest it has been. I feel like crap overall. Fever has gone away this morning. We'll see how this plays out.

My allergies act up and I have similar symptoms minus the fever. The pollen has been high in Texas lately so I was blaming the cedar in the air at first.

www.davystephenstile.com

Last edited by Davy; 01-10-2022 at 08:46 AM.
Davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2022, 09:28 AM   #5
Just In Tile LLC

Davy,
Did you end up getting tested? On Friday morning my wife realizing this was probably covid went driving around our small town looking for a test, every store had signs before she even walked in that they were out of self tests. She went into Walgreens and asked if they had any and the clerk said we got two in this morning so my wife picked one up. It was more luck than anything that we got one.

My brother in law drove to a larger town to get tested and said the line was so long it wasn't worth the hours and hours wait and drove back. It's been spreading quickly around our little town. My wife has caught it from me and she's on the mend now.
Unread 01-12-2022, 10:16 AM   #6
cx
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy
The body aches are the worst part for me......I feel like crap overall.
Hell, I've had Omicron for five or six years and didn't even know it!

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2022, 04:24 PM   #7
Flyingscot

Good news! The Deltacron variant is not being considered a thing anymore. The reality is it is likely a lab contamination. A recombinant virus such as this would nearly almost always need to be created in a lab as they rarely occur naturally.
Unread 01-12-2022, 07:04 PM   #8
Kman

Then they should change the name of it to "Decepticon".

The top ten reasons to procrastinate:

Kman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2022, 07:18 PM   #9
Flyingscot

You owe me a new keyboard.
Unread 01-12-2022, 09:06 PM   #10
Tool Guy - Kg
Moderator -- Wisconsin Kitchen & Bath Remodeler

Is your keyboard full of boogers…or what you “were” drinking?

Help an awesome summer camp!
Tool Guy - Kg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2022, 07:42 AM   #11
Flyingscot

Bourbon-Weller green label!
Unread 01-15-2022, 12:09 AM   #12
jadnashua

STAR Senior Contributor

Starting 19 January, if the timeline holds true, you'll be able to go onto a Federal website and order up to four rapid COVID tests for free per household. They indicate it should take 7-10 days to arrive. They may likely run through them fast, and the website may crash, but it's something to put on your calendar to at least check out. There is also supposed to be the opportunity to pick some up at various locations (maybe) close to you later.
Not a pro, multiple Schluter Workshops (Schluterville and 2013 and 2014 at Schluter Headquarters), Mapei Training 2014, Laticrete Workshop 2014, Custom Building Products Workshop 2015, and Longtime Forum Participant.
Unread 01-26-2022, 07:51 PM   #13
jadnashua

STAR Senior Contributor

I did order some free tests, and the site linked to a USPS ordering section. Haven't received them yet, but think the first ones may be coming out this week.

Most people think the deltachron thing is a testing error, but they also recognize that that is a possibility.

What is verified is a new variation of omicron, now designated BA.2, while omicron is BA.1. It has more variations in the spike protein. Last week, it had been identified in two countries, but this week, it's now over 40, including the USA. Omicron is now 99.5% of COVID-19 cases in the USA and that took barely 2-3 months since it was first discovered in S Africa. It's way too early to know for sure what BA.2 will bring, but initial testing seems it may be yet a little more easily transmitted, but it will take a bit longer to figure out exactly what it will bring, and if it will be bad or worse.

We're not out of this yet. Omicron seems to infect the upper respiratory tract more than the original, which did a number on the lungs. The new spike protein mutation may let BA.2 get to the lungs, and if so, combined with the R-factor, could be really nasty. Time will tell until the next thing comes along.

I'm eligible for a fourth shot next week and will probably get one even though it's not as effective on omicron...every little bit helps.
Unread 01-26-2022, 08:28 PM   #14
jerrymlr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
I'm eligible for a fourth shot next week and will probably get one even though it's not as effective on omicron
You have every right to do that Jim. I'll pass.

I'll pass on the chinese manufactured test too.
Attached Images

Unread 01-26-2022, 08:43 PM   #15
cx
Moderator emeritus

C'mon, Jerry. Same place that made the Covid19, why wouldn't it work best?

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase