Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 03-02-2011, 09:39 AM   #16
RollTideFan

Yea the felt is up, I planned on Durarock over the felt, then RedGuard over Durarock and do I RedGard the ENTIRE Durarock wall boards or just the seems??? Is this ok? Everything I read on the forum says this is the proper way?
RollTideFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 09:55 AM   #17
cx
Moderator emeritus

Otis, it'll help if you'll keep all your project questions on one thread so folks can see what you're working on and what's been previously asked and answered. We can give it a more generic title any time you'd like to suggest one.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #18
RollTideFan

CX, hey, yea sorry about the two post. I thought of it after I submitted the second one. But, thanks to all you guys here, yall do a great job putting up with us tile newbe's.
Unread 03-02-2011, 11:23 AM   #19
wapa

Quote:
Yea the felt is up, I planned on Durarock over the felt, then RedGuard over Durarock and do I RedGard the ENTIRE Durarock wall boards or just the seems??? Is this ok? Everything I read on the forum says this is the proper way?
Since you have the felt behind the durarock you don't want to put any water proofing on the front of the durarock. The reasoning behind this the felt works as a waterproofing from the back while the red guard does it from the front. So when you use both you form a pocket that does not readily let any moisture out that finds it way in. Which in return create a damp environment perfect for growing a bunch odd nasty things. Where as with just one of them you leave an open surface that water vapor can get out of. So it stays dry and doesn't grow a science experiment you don't want.
Unread 06-08-2011, 09:37 AM   #20
RollTideFan

First Time Tiling A Shower

Hey Guys, I just wanted to post a few pics of my new shower to my home addition. I added a master bed and bath. This is my first attempt at tiling a shower. It turned out pretty good. I custom framed it and done the work myself and I must truly say I could not have done it without the help from the pro's here on this site..... So, a big thanks to you guys.

Thanks,
Torrey
ps - I hope the attachments works.
Attached Images

Unread 06-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #21
bbcamp

Looks good, Otis!

Not bad for a 'Bama fan....
bbcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 09:57 AM   #22
RollTideFan

Hahaha Bob, yep the wife and I are kinda pleased. These pics weretaken before all the cleanup work was done. But it turned out ok.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase