Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Professionals' Hangout

Sponsors

Unread 09-28-2014, 08:19 AM   #1
Sand1

Kerdi Tile Shower Contractor Needed - S.C. PA

In need of a Kerdi contractor in south central PA (Waynesboro PA 17268). Used to use Steve in PA but I see he has moved to NJ. Too bad, because he did awesome work on the couple jobs he did for us. Anyone else in this area experienced with Kerdi (will except HydroBan if preferred)? Let me know.
Unread 09-28-2014, 07:51 PM   #2
Houston Remodeler
Pondering retirement daily

STAR Senior Contributor

Bumpity bump

For when DIY isn't such a good idea...
Houston TX area Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

http://CabotAndRowe.com
Houston Remodeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2014, 05:19 AM   #3
jondon
Hershey Pennsylvania Tile Contractor

Send a message via AIM to jondon
Quote:
posted by Scott:
In need of a Kerdi contractor in south central PA (Waynesboro PA 17268)
I assume this is in your residence Scott? Is it new construction or renovation? Just trying to get some info to pass on to some potential contractors. Closest I know of to you is York. About an hour. I am 90 miles down 81 so too far to drive. What is your time frame. I have one other potential contractor. Give me some more specs on this project.

Jon Donmoyer

JD Tile

CTEF Certified Installer #825

Custom Tile Installation in Hershey & surrounding areas

Serving Dauphin, Lebanon, Berks, Chester, & Montgomery Counties PA
jondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2014, 12:58 PM   #4
Sand1

Jon - I am finishing an unfinished basement. Has a full bath studded and plumbed and I am looking for someone to quote (1) shower only and (2) shower and tile floor with heat (DitraHeat/NuHeat/etc). Concrete floor is the base floor you would be working with. Shower is about 54x40 if my memory is correct. Center drain. Total sq ft of bath is 60-75 sq ft (estimate). I would like to keep a very low curb entry. Currently have a 4" PVC coupler around drain to allow if to be recessed as much as possible. Would like Kerdi or Hydroban shower. I can send exact measurments and photos of the space when I get home if you have a contractor interested.

Timing is as soon as I get electrical complete and drywall up (subcontracted). Probably early-mid November.

Thanks for your help!
Scott
Unread 09-30-2014, 04:40 AM   #5
jondon

Scott, I will pass this information along to the contractors I had in mind, to see if they are interested. Are you putting drywall up in the shower area? I know you said Kerdi or Hydro Ban. Easiest thing IMO would be to use kerdi board for the walls vs kerdi on drywall. Materials cost more but more labor intensive to install the kerdi unless you're into fabric hanging So cost even out in the end.

Jon Donmoyer

JD Tile

Unread 09-30-2014, 09:02 AM   #6
Sand1

Thanks Jon. I don't have a preference of Kerdi board or Kerdi over drywall (Or HydroBan). I think they all give a quality result properly done so economics will decide. That is why I'd like to have someone quote the job before I do the drywall. Then I can defer to their preference. Let me know if anyone is interested. I can send them photos and the dimensions to confirm. If they still are interested, I will provide them an address to come see it and quote.

Appreciate your help. Most tile places around me are floor tilers and look at me funny when I ask about Kerdi. I'd like someone with some experience in showers.
Unread 09-30-2014, 11:12 AM   #7
Sand1

Jon - one other note. I am okay to work through a "business", or direct with a tile person if they want side work on evenings/weekends. My only requirement is it be done before Christmas 2014. Not on a real tight timeline. As long as they have some reputable references (including you of course), I am good with direct.
Unread 09-30-2014, 06:12 PM   #8
Steve in PA
Tile Contractor/ Installer

Hey Scott... I'm back at my house in PA after a summer in Jersey. I'll give you a call and hopefully get out to your place soon and check out what you have going on there. Thanks for the kind words.
Unread 10-01-2014, 04:37 AM   #9
jondon

He's baaaaack Looks like this situation worked itself out, glad I didn't make an all out effort yet to find someone

Jon Donmoyer

JD Tile

Unread 10-01-2014, 11:31 AM   #10
Sand1

Yes. Great news. We've made contact and I will be meeting with him in the next week or two.

Thanks for your help Jon. I do appreciate the effort!

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase