Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 07-31-2022, 05:55 PM   #1
chasjs

Substituting Kerdi Membrane for Kerdi Band

I am doing a shower install in my house. I purchased the Kerdi shower kit. Some how the roll of Kerdi Band decided to walk off the job site. My question to this forum is this. I have a fair amount of Kerdi membrane left and I was wondering about cutting that into 4 inch strips and use it in place of the band. I will be using it where the vertical meets the shower pan. I do have the Kerdi corner pieces. Are there reasons to not do this? I can certainly go pick up a roll of band but I thought I could just use the membrane.

Thanks

Chuck
Unread 07-31-2022, 06:55 PM   #2
PC7060
...unrepentant, detail focused, over-analyzer.

Hi Chuck, Cutting the standard kerdi fabric into strips works just fine. I did exactly the same thing on a master shower project I did a few years ago.
PC7060 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2022, 08:11 PM   #3
jadnashua
Veteran DIYer- Schluterville Graduate

STAR Senior Contributor

Kerdi is a bit thicker than KerdiBand, but will work in the same way.
Not a pro, multiple Schluter Workshops (Schluterville and 2013 and 2014 at Schluter Headquarters), Mapei Training 2014, Laticrete Workshop 2014, Custom Building Products Workshop 2015, and Longtime Forum Participant.
jadnashua is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase