Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Old 06-04-2019, 11:18 AM   #31
pruff

silicon caulk on silicone caulk ?

I recently applied silicone caulk to our surround decking for a corner jacuzzi tub (between the tiled wall & decking). However, it's a little bit lighter than the grout and I found on-line the color caulk I should have used ! Can I just apply this over the other caulk since it was only put on about a week ago ?
Old 06-04-2019, 11:49 PM   #32
Elkski
Took the Schluter part 1 class my team won!

When using 4 or 6 mill poly behind CBU with no water coating , is the poly stapled to the studs? Do the staple holes cause an issue or Staples rusting away or is it such a small amount of condensate the Staples are not an issue?
I think caulk of similar type will stick to fresh clean, oil free, soap free caulk. But not silicone.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:59 AM   #33
Tool Guy - Kg
Moderator -- Wisconsin Kitchen & Bath Remodeler

Hi, Kraul. Yeah, silicone will not stick to cured silicone. A lot of silicone only needs 24 hours to cure. If you want a new color, you can remove the existing through a combination of a relatively sharp plastic scraper, mineral spirits, a non-woven scrubby pad (NON SCRATCHING!), and a lot of patience. The mineral spirits works...but it’s not a fast process.

Teddy, it’s a non-issue. Yes, there is some moisture that does cause some staples to very slowly rust. But it’s not enough to cause a wood rot problem to the studs.

Tool Guy - Kg is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase