Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > The Mud Box

Sponsors

Old 12-06-2018, 12:00 PM   #466
evan1968
Not So Senior Contributor

I really don't know. For us it's all about what direction the wind comes from. Lake Ontario and Lake Erie are still very warm. If we get a more north/northwestern wind, we get pounded. If it's a west wind, Buffalo and west of us get jammed up. Last week the wind came off Lake Erie. South and west of us got 15"+, we got a couple of inches. I definitely think we will get 100". It's all a matter of if it's a little bit a bunch of times or a dumping a few times.
evan1968 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:07 PM   #467
smifwal

With all the technology we have in this day and age, I wish they could be little better on their predictions. I see snow in the forecast, I get my hopes up then my phone refreshes and poof it is going to be 60 degrees. WTF??? Doesn't mother nature realize that I have land to buy and a barndominium to build. I could use a little white round here.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:51 PM   #468
Tool Guy - Kg
Moderator -- Wisconsin Kitchen & Bath Remodeler

You want more white?

Move more north.
Tool Guy - Kg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:49 AM   #469
smifwal

Craig and I have had the same talk. I am area manager where I am, so every storm my trucks work from start to finish and don't work real hard, they drive around and look at properties and check on subs or cover if there is a break down. In the 5 events we have had this year I have only put salt in 2 of my 5 spreaders, everything is routed to the subs so I am there for just incase...And any extra work(services calls,clean up,snow relocation, ect.) My trucks/skids get it. There has been a few times in my younger years that I wanted to relocate but never did, my old lady in fact wanted to know if we were going to stay in Kansas forever, I told well we might move to Missouri but we aren't leaving the kc metro area. She works for Sprint so she could work anywhere on the planet and I guess being self employed I could to but I am too old to start from scratch. I make good money with the snow we get I just wish we had a few more hours. First year I did this, we got 240 hours every year we have been in the mid to low 100's. Let mother nature know if you talk to her
Old 12-11-2018, 07:49 AM   #470
evan1968

I think it's funny that Shawn refers to a season in hours and I refer to it in inches. Lmao
Old 12-11-2018, 09:21 PM   #471
smifwal

I don't get paid by the in or at least I don't anymore everything is by the hour so that is the easiest way to track it. And we don't have a seasonal accumulation of snow like ya'll do up in them northern parts, and if I said we had a 4 1/2in season you would think well hell I can't see a guy even making money with a that little of snow, and laugh me off this thread. We do sometimes talk about accumulation but the area manager all use hours cause that is how we are paid. And when try to tell the plow only guys to get spreaders and the will me more money with the extra hours it kind of puts it in perspective for them. We also get a lot of rain the freezes and yep freezing fog and a bundle of ice so we get hours but no accumulation
Old 12-14-2018, 07:43 PM   #472
smifwal

Plow vs pillar. Logistically I am not sure how this guy hit this thing but boy did he ever. This a james hardie siding prefinished from the factory over 1/2in plywood, shouldn't there be some tar paper between the plywood and the siding?
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2018, 09:17 PM   #473
smifwal

First damage to any of my equipment in many years. Guy says he didn't hit anything but the spreader chains were loose and the left wing wouldn't go out. Open up the plow to do some surgery and this what I find. Left wing service valve and check valve sheared off inside the housing they want near a 1k to replace it. I am taking it to a machine shop tomorrow to see if they drill it out. FML
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2019, 11:56 AM   #474
smifwal

Oh yeah, cat
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2019, 09:20 AM   #475
evan1968

I saw this bad boy yesterday and last night on the highways around me......it's pretty impressive seeing it coming towards you.

https://twitter.com/NYSDOTRochester/...07879783137281

https://twitter.com/NYSDOTRochester/...67077745135616
Old 02-12-2019, 02:51 AM   #476
smifwal

We got some of them down here pretty dam cool especially when they are in front of you. We are up to around 17 inches ( hours??? No idea there has been so many) and we got a pretty good week ahead. What a year we are having. I have put 75 hours on my cat already got her with 2.2. my guys broke 2 of my truck a few days ago about 15 mins apart on different properties. One the brake caliper collapsed and he hit a curb bent the mount a little bit and I can't get the plow off but snow coming so I would have to put it back on any way so no biggie the other asshole bent the shit out of everything but the wings. He said he hit a curb, and told me he wasn't going very fast. I told him shut up and call your wife to come get you your done thanks for playing. The one with the circle is the elbow that you fill the hydraulic fluid, he hit so hard that the reservoir shifted and sheered off the elbow. And the lights on the plow snapped back and hit the hood of the truck. But he wasn't going that fast
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2019, 01:11 PM   #477
mullet
░░░░░░░

+
Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM   #478
smifwal

The view from my office last night. I got some big piles like Craig gets. I will snap some pictures tonight. We got 6 inches, 2 more coming tonight and another biggie on Tuesday Wednesday. More farther north they said, Ha

Dam rotated picture. I didn't roll the skid lol, man that would be terrible
Attached Images

Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM   #479
mullet
░░░░░░░

Where did Craig go, he hasn't posted any pics.
Old Today, 05:53 AM   #480
smifwal

He is around here somewhere, maybe we are getting all his snow. I have a bunch of these little pile that are the size of a shed that I have to add to this big pile. Put the skid in there for scale. Love that thing, I will 100 hours on it tomorrow, it 2.2 when I got it.
Attached Images

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase