Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > The Mud Box

Sponsors

Unread 01-23-2008, 01:42 PM   #421
JTG

Charlies doctors decided that they had to put a pressure relief drain into his brain early (1:00am) Tuesday. I spent most of yesterday up there to be with his wife. My impression was that it had been a good decission. He slept most of yesterday and prior to that he wasn't sleeping very much. Also his blood pressure was way down. Willow said this morning that he was awake a little more this morning and was doing pretty good remembering things.

On the plus side we had a little ceremony last night with Enzo's grandmother and some friends to pray for him and in our way to baptise him. That is something his folks don't plan to do and in our quiet way we had our service.
He is doing good at home. Putting on weight like he should, 6# 10 1/2 oz.
JTG

Santa Seattle
Ballard

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/SantaJerryinBallard
JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2008, 02:49 PM   #422
dgunnels
Neesie

My thoughts are with you Kathleen. I am also my mother's medical proxy because she doesn't think my brother would honor her wishes. I agree with Clyde, sometimes heroics are a disservice to those in pain. I know that you will have the strength to do what is right for your mother.

Jerry, it's good to hear positive things from your side of the country.

Denise Gunnels, Realtor

http://www.harrynorman.com/agents/17291-Denise-Gunnels
dgunnels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2008, 06:03 PM   #423
kate42
Just a friend

Neesie

Thanks for your sentiments. It's a tough responsibility and I do my best and hope that I do it right. I have approved a biopsy for Mom, and that is also risky. I feel that with a positive diagnosis of cancer ( if that is what it is ) her care and treatment will be more compassionate.

Jerry

I do pray for the best for Charlie.

"If there is light in the soul,
There will be beauty in the person.
If there is beauty in the person,
There will be harmony in the house.
If there is harmony in the house,
There will be order in the nation.
If there is order in the nation,
There will be peace in the world."
~Chinese Proverb
kate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2008, 07:02 PM   #424
Bugman
Veteran DIYer -- Schluterville Graduate

Kathleen, It looks like you are doing what's right. One step at a time and be sure to take care of yourself too. Your Mom and Dad need you, especially right now.
Unread 01-23-2008, 07:12 PM   #425
Bugman

Charlie - JTG's friend was admitted to the hospital with pain and swelling behind the right eye. Charlies doctors put a pressure relief drain into his brain early (1:00am) Tuesday (Jan 22). He slept most of yesterday and prior to that he wasn't sleeping very much. Also his blood pressure was way down. He was awake a little more this morning and was doing pretty good remembering things.
Helen & Jack - Kathleen's parents & Jim's in-laws, sharing the same room in nursing home. Helen has recently had a recurrence of a skin cancer that may have spread. She will be having a biopsy soon. Kathleen faces many tough decisions regarding treatment and care for her mother. The family needs lots of prayers and positive thoughts right now.
Michelle and Toby and Enzo Wonder - Toby is JTG's godson. Enzo is home and doing well. He now weighs in at 6lbs 10 1/2 oz.
Brian (bctile601) - Over the past couple of weeks he has developed a health issue with abdominal discomfort/pain (lower left). A CAT scan revealed some potential problems, but further testing came back negative.
Jackie DeGonia - Jack's mom and Justine's grandma. She had a mass removed from the stomach area and the doctors are confident the surgery went well. A recent PET scan showed no signs of the cancer and her doctors consider her cancer free. Jackie isn't totally done. She goes back on chemo pills Jan 15 for follow up treatment. Jackie and her family thank everyone for their prayers and positive thoughts.
Dora - Greg's (HS345) mother. She suffered complications after emergency surgery for an obstructed and twisted bowel on Jan 1 and had to be rushed back to the hospital Jan 12 for emergency surgery. Jan 14 update: She has improved slightly. However, she is far from being out of the woods. Your continued prayers are invaluable. Initially the surgeon was not too optimistic, but she continues to show small improvements. She is hanging in there, and definitely putting up one heck of a fight.
Nate Lehfeldt - young son of family friends of JTG. Still undergoing treatments in Vancouver BC fighting Acute Lymphocyctic Leukemia. Nate is still in remission. He is finished with IV Chemo and is now doing an oral treatment. His mom was telling me that last year he spent over 250 days in the hospital. Good news for the family is that they have found that his brother is a bone marrow match if they get to that.
Helen - Kathleen's (Kate42) sister. She has been, for the past 2 years, a pancreatic cancer survivor. Sadly the cancer is back and she is being treated very aggressively for the cancer. In addition to going for chemo, she is also giving herself shots and is taking pills. This regimen has totally exhausted her.
Joel Palmer and Diane, his wife - Neesie's (dgjunnels) good friends. Joel was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor August 6. Finished six weeks of daily radiation treatments Oct 19. Treatments have caused brain swelling and stroke-like symptoms. Swelling prevents further diagnosis with MRI or PET scans. Diane is struggling to keep everything going at home.
Scott (sgrandjean) - Two chemotherapy sessions down and 12 more to go! Going heavy on the anti-nausea meds is always a good idea. Expensive arthritis injections seem to be helping.
Pat Oettel - Twenty year wife of Eric (Old Rem) has a serious infection that is finally starting to respond to treatment. She had the last 2 drains removed. Now she just has her daily dose of heavy antibiotics at the hospital and one weekly sonogram and checkup in Milwaukee. Once they get all the Staph infection gone, she will have a 6 month wait before reconstructive shoulder surgery.
John - sandbagger's friend was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year. But last month we got the bad news that it had spread to the bones. John went into hospice care. Things have turned much worse and he's in constant pain and heavily drugged. He probably has at most a few days left. Pray for John but especially for his wife. She is taking it very hard.
Patricia Kuehne (Miss Piggy) - Multiple needs. She had a stroke in an artery behind her retina leaving her blind in right eye. If in brain or heart it would have been fatal. Also, her Hubby got bucked off of horse and was hurt pretty bad and is still suffering after returning from hospital. She recently had to put her 89 year old dad in veterans home as he will not eat, bathe,etc. He is so thin and does not make any sense when he talks anymore. The whole family needs lots of positive thoughts and prayers.
Chris Fox’s 28 month old son is being tested for autism. Chris asks that we pray for the good health of his son.
Marty Wustman - Marge & Wiley's good friend avoided dialysis by a slim margin! Your always positive thoughts, prayers and support will be very appreciated.
Jim Cole - JTG's friend continues reconstructive surgery on his face after an encounter with a sow in Yellowstone Park. He is back home now. He has lost the vision in one eye. He faces lots of reconstructive surgery to remake his face. He still has a couple metal tubes for a nose. He sounds good on the phone and he told me he was driving.
Kennedy Oettel - Eric's (Oldrem) 10 year old Grandaughter . After a year of seeing numerous doctors, all even the renowned Mayo Clinic can do is increase the dosage on the meds they put her on a couple months ago. Still nothing for certain as to what's causing the severe headaches. At least the attacks are down to a few a week now (mostly at night) instead of several a day.
Paul - Todd's (tileguytodd) old helper - rotator cuff surgery but needs prayers for other problems.
Unread 01-30-2008, 12:04 PM   #426
sgrandjean
Healthcare Consultant and Boxer Rescue Volunteer

Update...

Charlie - JTG's friend was admitted to the hospital with pain and swelling behind the right eye. Charlies doctors put a pressure relief drain into his brain early (1:00am) Tuesday (Jan 22). He slept most of yesterday and prior to that he wasn't sleeping very much. Also his blood pressure was way down. He was awake a little more this morning and was doing pretty good remembering things.
Helen & Jack - Kathleen's parents & Jim's in-laws, sharing the same room in nursing home. Helen has recently had a recurrence of a skin cancer that may have spread. She will be having a biopsy soon. Kathleen faces many tough decisions regarding treatment and care for her mother. The family needs lots of prayers and positive thoughts right now.
Michelle and Toby and Enzo Wonder - Toby is JTG's godson. Enzo is home and doing well. He now weighs in at 6lbs 10 1/2 oz.
Brian (bctile601) - Over the past couple of weeks he has developed a health issue with abdominal discomfort/pain (lower left). A CAT scan revealed some potential problems, but further testing came back negative.
Jackie DeGonia - Jack's mom and Justine's grandma. She had a mass removed from the stomach area and the doctors are confident the surgery went well. A recent PET scan showed no signs of the cancer and her doctors consider her cancer free. Jackie isn't totally done. She goes back on chemo pills Jan 15 for follow up treatment. Jackie and her family thank everyone for their prayers and positive thoughts.
Dora - Greg's (HS345) mother. She suffered complications after emergency surgery for an obstructed and twisted bowel on Jan 1 and had to be rushed back to the hospital Jan 12 for emergency surgery. Jan 14 update: She has improved slightly. However, she is far from being out of the woods. Your continued prayers are invaluable. Initially the surgeon was not too optimistic, but she continues to show small improvements. She is hanging in there, and definitely putting up one heck of a fight.
Nate Lehfeldt - young son of family friends of JTG. Still undergoing treatments in Vancouver BC fighting Acute Lymphocyctic Leukemia. Nate is still in remission. He is finished with IV Chemo and is now doing an oral treatment. His mom was telling me that last year he spent over 250 days in the hospital. Good news for the family is that they have found that his brother is a bone marrow match if they get to that.
Helen - Kathleen's (Kate42) sister. She has been, for the past 2 years, a pancreatic cancer survivor. Sadly the cancer is back and she is being treated very aggressively for the cancer. In addition to going for chemo, she is also giving herself shots and is taking pills. This regimen has totally exhausted her.
Joel Palmer and Diane, his wife - Neesie's (dgjunnels) good friends. Joel was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor August 6. Finished six weeks of daily radiation treatments Oct 19. Treatments have caused brain swelling and stroke-like symptoms. Swelling prevents further diagnosis with MRI or PET scans. Diane is struggling to keep everything going at home.
Scott (sgrandjean) - Had the last of fourteen chemo sessions last week. I am now anticipating a left hip replacement (and possibly the right as well) in the near future. Since I've got to lose some weight, I won't be having the surgery until April or May. Guess I'll just be hobbling along until then.
Pat Oettel - Twenty year wife of Eric (Old Rem) has a serious infection that is finally starting to respond to treatment. She had the last 2 drains removed. Now she just has her daily dose of heavy antibiotics at the hospital and one weekly sonogram and checkup in Milwaukee. Once they get all the Staph infection gone, she will have a 6 month wait before reconstructive shoulder surgery.
John - sandbagger's friend was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year. But last month we got the bad news that it had spread to the bones. John went into hospice care. Things have turned much worse and he's in constant pain and heavily drugged. He probably has at most a few days left. Pray for John but especially for his wife. She is taking it very hard.
Patricia Kuehne (Miss Piggy) - Multiple needs. She had a stroke in an artery behind her retina leaving her blind in right eye. If in brain or heart it would have been fatal. Also, her Hubby got bucked off of horse and was hurt pretty bad and is still suffering after returning from hospital. She recently had to put her 89 year old dad in veterans home as he will not eat, bathe,etc. He is so thin and does not make any sense when he talks anymore. The whole family needs lots of positive thoughts and prayers.
Chris Fox’s 28 month old son is being tested for autism. Chris asks that we pray for the good health of his son.
Marty Wustman - Marge & Wiley's good friend avoided dialysis by a slim margin! Your always positive thoughts, prayers and support will be very appreciated.
Jim Cole - JTG's friend continues reconstructive surgery on his face after an encounter with a sow in Yellowstone Park. He is back home now. He has lost the vision in one eye. He faces lots of reconstructive surgery to remake his face. He still has a couple metal tubes for a nose. He sounds good on the phone and he told me he was driving.
Kennedy Oettel - Eric's (Oldrem) 10 year old Grandaughter . After a year of seeing numerous doctors, all even the renowned Mayo Clinic can do is increase the dosage on the meds they put her on a couple months ago. Still nothing for certain as to what's causing the severe headaches. At least the attacks are down to a few a week now (mostly at night) instead of several a day.
Paul - Todd's (tileguytodd) old helper - rotator cuff surgery but needs prayers for other problems.

Cheers.
Unread 01-30-2008, 12:17 PM   #427
Bugman

Scott, We are glad to hear that your chemo is behind you. Sorry to hear about the hip replacement in the future. They've come a long ways on those and we hope all goes well.

I took the liberty of moving you to the top of the list. Just makes it easier to find the updates.

We'll keep praying for you.
Unread 01-30-2008, 12:20 PM   #428
Bugman

Scott (sgrandjean) - Had the last of fourteen chemo sessions last week. I am now anticipating a left hip replacement (and possibly the right as well) in the near future. Since I've got to lose some weight, I won't be having the surgery until April or May. Guess I'll just be hobbling along until then.
Unread 01-30-2008, 07:55 PM   #429
Marge

Scott, I know you were dreading the hip news, but you'll be so much better off afterward.

And what good news your chemo is done.
Unread 01-31-2008, 07:36 PM   #430
kate42
Just a friend

Scott

I'm so delighted to hear that your chemo sessions are finished.

Get over to the diet tread and we'll encourage one another to lose weight so that you can have that hip replacement.

"If there is light in the soul,
There will be beauty in the person.
If there is beauty in the person,
There will be harmony in the house.
If there is harmony in the house,
There will be order in the nation.
If there is order in the nation,
There will be peace in the world."
~Chinese Proverb
kate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2008, 11:13 PM   #431
Marge

I need to ask for your positive thoughts for a friend.

Jerry Harmon received a somewhat experimental surgery last March to aid his lack of red blood cell production. His adult sister was able to provide the stem cells necessary for the procedure and after a few months of touch and go the medical pros were impressed by his recovery (he was doing awesome!!). He has done great for about four months and took a turn for the not so great last week. In critical care status. Needs all the positive care we can send.

Thanks for being here for folks we care about.
Unread 02-03-2008, 06:40 AM   #432
Bugman

Jerry Harmon - friend of Marge & Dave. He received a somewhat experimental surgery last March to aid his lack of red blood cell production. His adult sister was able to provide the stem cells necessary for the procedure and after a few months of touch and go the medical pros were impressed by his recovery (he was doing awesome!!). He has done great for about four months and took a turn for the not so great last week. In critical care status. Needs all the positive care we can send.
Unread 02-03-2008, 04:08 PM   #433
JTG

Marge, Let Jerry know our prayers are with him.

Update on Charlie.
He has been moved out of ICU and is a nuro recovery section of the hospital.
Doesn't seem to have any problems with use of any limbs etc but his mind is still messed up. Somedays he is right on and next he has problems remembering anything. The other night he called 911 to have them come extract him from the hospital. He had to be put into restraints.
Thanks for your prayers.
JTG

Santa Seattle
Ballard

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/SantaJerryinBallard
JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2008, 08:06 PM   #434
HS345
Tile Contractor

Hello everyone.

My thoughts and prayers are still with everyone listed in this thread.

I haven't posted an update about my Mom in a while, so I will do so now.

Mom has made many small improvements since my last update. She was released from the hospital and into a skilled nursing facility on Friday. Unfortunately she had some chest pain on Saturday and is now back in the hospital. She seems to be doing okay at this point, but the docs still haven't determined the cause of the chest pain. There is no question that Mom has the will to live.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your prayers, they are a great source of comfort to my family and I.
Unread 02-03-2008, 10:27 PM   #435
Marge

Greg, little improvements are good.

Tell your mom you have some folks here that care.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase