View Single Post
Unread 04-29-2022, 10:52 PM   #2
Tool Guy - Kg
Moderator -- Wisconsin Kitchen & Bath Remodeler

It’s no wonder you’re confused. The way many marketing folks write creative fairy tails on the products these days, there’s no way to immediately identify what’s in the bottle.

This product, considering it’s application instructions and price point, sounds closely related to a wax-like product. Even if there was some micro abrasives in the product, wiping it with a paper towel for 5 seconds like they show on their instructional video does 0.000000000000000000000000001% good on improving a shine.

Most of the shine from natural stone tops comes from the intensive polishing process that makes it so microscopically smooth. If a countertop has a dull finish, most often it’s been physically etched or worn and become microscopically rough. While there are some topical products (think of clear-coat paint on a car) that could coat the surface to produce a shine, they are very, very maintenance-happy products. The topical coating is simply not very durable. In almost all cases, a dull countertop requires re-polishing with rather expensive machinery. We are very DIY-friendly on this forum. Besides the expensive machinery, polishing most natural stones to a high gloss usually requires a lot of experience due to different stones being quirky about what makes them “pop”. Sometimes it’s higher grit polishing, or different products, or more physical pressure. Not to mention the rather outrageous mess potential there is while working in a finished home. I’m almost all cases, the polishing needs to be done wet to produce high sheen.

Do you have some natural stone in need of some help? If so, let us know what you got going on. If you can post a picture all the better.

Help an awesome summer camp!
Tool Guy - Kg is offline   Reply With Quote