View Single Post
Unread 06-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #505
Pete1972
Jack of all trades, master of none

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC7060
Question to CX - is 30" x 60" space including curb doable for a shower area? The 30" seems tight to me.
I'm not CX, nor do I play him on TV, but below is from the 2012 revision of the International Plumbing Code. Whether your town has adopted these standards without exception is another thing, but it seems to indicate 30" INSIDE width (and possibly as little as 25") would be allowed. How comfortable that may be is another thing....

417.4 Shower compartments.
Shower compartments shall be not less than 900 square inches (0.58 m2) in interior cross-sectional area. Shower compartments shall be not less than 30 inches (762 mm) in least dimension as measured from the finished interior dimension of the compartment, exclusive of fixture valves, showerheads, soap dishes, and safety grab bars or rails. Except as required in Section 404, the minimum required area and dimension shall be measured from the finished interior dimension at a height equal to the top of the threshold and at a point tangent to its centerline and shall be continued to a height not less than 70 inches (1778 mm) above the shower drain outlet.

Exception: Shower compartments having not less than 25 inches (635 mm) in minimum dimension measured from the finished interior dimension of the compartment, provided that the shower compartment has not less than of 1,300 square inches (.838 m2) of cross-sectional area.

http://publicecodes.cyberregs.com/ic...2_4_par080.htm
Pete1972 is offline   Reply With Quote