View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 04:40 AM   #1
Radas
Tile Newbie

Ali's Shower Build

Hello all! I'm back again and in need of some advice. First of all, thank you all for the wealth of knowledge you've provided me with that has opened my eyes to situations like the one I'll be describing below.

My wife and I are building a new home in a subdivision and chose to have a tile shower installed with a bench. Yesterday, I got an opportunity to walk through the house post-framing, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC. I noticed something was wrong when I walked into the master bath where the shower was located. The plumbers who installed the PVC oatey liner had done so with what looks like a missing preslope, no roofing felt/hot mop below the shower footprint, seams/perforations (on the curb/corners where wall pan meet) sealed with duct tape, and a very dirty drain/weep hope area.

What, if any, recourse do I have? I've contacted the builder and have received no response yet and am planning on contacting our township building department in hopes that they haven't signed off on this monstrosity. Are there sections of the IBC that I can reference telling them what they are doing is 100% unacceptable?

Thanks in advance.
Name:  1.jpg
Views: 909
Size:  44.0 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 902
Size:  34.3 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 893
Size:  20.0 KB

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

..a new excuse to hoard tools

Last edited by jgleason; 03-25-2018 at 09:03 PM.
Radas is offline   Reply With Quote