View Single Post
Unread 01-13-2020, 03:57 PM   #1
Dopey696

Abandoned for ten years then had a flood. Help with gypcrete

Hello and thank you. I have a full remodel of a third floor condo that was abandoned for ten years and had a flood two years ago. It had emergency intervention when the flood happened due to damage to other units. All flooring was removed, holes drilled in the walls and the unit was dried properly (as far as I can tell). The problem I'm having is with the floors and proper reinstallation. I have never seen gypcrete before, but it seems that's what this floor has. It's in ok condition, a bit dusty and has small dimpled holes here and there and cracks at the edges where tackboards were installed, it originally had carpet and linoleum. I am doing ceramic tile and engineered wood flooring. I would like them to meet flush at the transitions. From the research I have done so far, due to adverse chemical interactions I can not tile directly to the gypcrete, and a product called Ditra keeps coming up as a primer/medium between the gypcrete and the thinset. Is this all I need to prepare a gypcrete floor? Am I missing anything or is there anything else I need to know before installation? I did tile for 6 years before an injury and have been out of the industry for nearly ten years now, so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images