View Single Post
Unread 01-31-2021, 11:45 PM   #93
cx
Moderator emeritus

2a. Either/both.

b. put some tiles on the wall and put a straight edge across it.

c. No, by scribing I mean to shape the edge of the countertop to fit the profile of the wall tile. Either by cutting or grinding or similar.

d. No technical reason not to caulk the gap between top and tile. Don't consider it waterproofing, but more of an aesthetic improvement.

By furniture, Karen, I was actually talking about a furniture piece, usually antique or/and unusual, re-purposed as a vanity. Makes a very interesting statement sometimes, but presents its own additional problems. I've enjoyed the ones I've done. Nothing to do with cost or quality of the piece, just talking about the nature of the installation.

But with any cabinet made to fit against the wall I would usually prefer it to be mounted directly to the wall and tiled around. But my style of work required that I do whatever the customer wanted if it was at all feasible.

The price of the cabinet is of no concern to me at all, it's the quality that makes the difference. I've installed some very expensive junk and I've installed some very reasonably priced high quality cabinetry. And I've made some of it myself, which I would, of course, claim was very high quality.

You're only buying one small piece, so I recommend you buy exactly what you want or as close as you can get. Then figure out how to install it and your tile work to your best advantage.

And you do understand that herabouts the recommendation for avoiding do-overs is to do the work yourself, yes?

My opinion; worth price charged.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is online now   Reply With Quote