View Single Post
Unread 05-19-2022, 08:49 PM   #5
cx
Moderator emeritus

Keith, if you'll visit our FAQ or the Liberry, you'll find a brief tutorial showing how best to post and properly attribute quotes here on the forums. I think that would cut down a lot on my confusion in your post #3. Can't tell if you're asking or telling or other in some of those statements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith
I read about non-linear soft joints but it seems like the joint would have to be perpendicular to the joint (correct me if Im wrong).
That one I can tell is a question, but I'm afraid I don't understand what you're asking. I can say that for your 6x36-inch tiles, I don't honestly think there is any effective way to make a sawtooth movement accommodation joint.

Will those joints between your new concrete confined within your old concrete still act fully as construction joints? I dunno, but I'd be reluctant to just tile over them and hope for the best.

Pouring part of the depth with concrete and finishing with deck mud would be a much better plan, in my opinion, and would allow you to actually achieve the industry standard flatness you really want.

My opinion; worth price charged.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is offline   Reply With Quote