View Single Post
Unread 12-05-2006, 03:33 PM   #3
F8th-N-Jesus

There is tile in the bathroom the kids have been using and I noticed tiles that were cracked. The toilet needed to be replaced anyways (for the fourth time), and so I pulled up the tile to find out that in some places, caulking was used instead of grout, and there is just subfloor under the tile. Some tiles seemed to not have any thinset under them at all. The floor is black in a lot of places. It has lightened up some, but I was wondering if there is a full proof way to figure out whether or not the floor is rotted. My husband looked at it and said it was treated wood and it just needed to be dried and cleaned before we put hardibacker over it. It is firm to stand on and doesn't bounce at all. I heard of an icepick test just not quite sure how to go about it. The other thing is I don't have a wet saw, but I do have a diamond blade for my circular saw, and was wondering if that would work to cut the 12x12 tile. As long as I am not sure how to go about it, my husband will have a reason not to do it. How long do i need to let it dry, and is there a good solution to use to clean the mold in the wood?
F8th-N-Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote