View Single Post
Unread 10-26-2020, 04:12 PM   #1
jra007

First bath project finished

Hey all, been abset for a minute, but i finally finished my first DIY bathroom. Pretty happy with it considering i never touched tile before. The project started about 10 years ago when i bought the house. Shower had a leak in the wall and decided to do a complete gut. Well the bathroom door was finally open back up about 9months ago to finish the demo. Keep in mind the tile i bought to put up had gone out of style before i even put it up...LOL So i rebought everything! It was a lot of work, and took me a long time, reviewing forums and trolling youtube. Again, i have never done tile, drywall, or plumbing before, and now im pretty comfortable doing them all.

I used mostly Tec products from the "Nards". Utlimate Large Tile mortar (383) and their 550 power grout. Used Trugard waterproofing membrane in the shower, with a Trugard drain (basically just a cheaper green Kerdi membrane). Tile from the tile shop. Hall Blanco, and the Legno Limesone. Fun project, but man, i really have a respect for you contractors that can bang these things out in a week or less!
Attached Images