View Single Post
Unread 10-10-2007, 06:30 PM   #1
Ed_S

Ed's 1956 Ranch Master Bathroom Renovation

Hi all,
The time has come. I am renovating our 1956 ranch master bathroom, all 42.5 square feet of it. After nearly 9 months in the making, the demolition starts Saturday morning. My plan is to have the room down to the studs and subfloor with the new ceiling in by end of Sunday. The Kerdi, Kerdi drain, and BT-17 better bench are sitting in my office. The Kerdi book has been read too many times to count. Subfloor is rated at L / 620. So I think I'm ready to proceed. I know how everyone likes pictures, so I will post pictures after the weekend work.

The design is to remove the tub and make the shower stall a shower only with a semi-frameless glass door. The shower will have white subway tile, 1" hex floor tile, in and out of the shower. Going with a pedestal sink. The fixtures will be finished in chrome with porcelain knobs and controls. Walls will have beadboard, half-height. Considered subway, half-height, for the walls but the budget took care of that. The shower will have a 2-section niche.

My plan is as follows...
Week 1 - Demo
Week 2 - Rough plumbing, electrical, subfloor and framing
Week 3 - Sheetrock and Kerdi, mud shower Floor, CBU room floor
Week 4 - Tile, beadboard and molding
Week 5 - Paint, Fixtures and Finish

I hope to get some work done during the week. Perhaps my schedule is ambitious but I'm determined.

I've enjoy reading and watching the progress of the many projects on this site. I'm glad to be finally starting mine. Catch up with you all first of next week.

“Every man has to believe in something - I believe I'll go Fishing”
Ed_S is offline   Reply With Quote