View Single Post
Unread 10-24-2020, 08:12 PM   #7
Tool Guy - Kg
Moderator -- Wisconsin Kitchen & Bath Remodeler
Tool Guy - Kg's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oak Creek, WI
Posts: 22,356
There’s a tool called a ‘rub brick’ that you can buy from any box store in the masonry section. It’s a block of abrasive material with a handle on it. The abrasive has no problem grinding away thinset, as it’s like 20 grit sandpaper on steroids. Only problem is grinding away too much and digging into the softer mud bed. Rather than just rubbing the tool back and forth like a block of sandpaper on flat wood, I’d swing the tool around in an arc to match the curve of the pan to help from digging into the mud bed.

Tonto Goldstein... but my friends call me Bubba

Help an awesome summer camp!
Tool Guy - Kg is offline   Reply With Quote