View Single Post
Unread 07-25-2022, 06:25 AM   #10
ss3964spd

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd
I'd replace those studs, Mike. Doing so will allow you to make certain they are plumb and square - two thing you want when tiling. You'll also be able to easily replace all the rotten/compromised wood, including those bottom (sole) plates. I think you'll spend as much time trying to patch all that together as you would just replacing it.

Forming the curb out of wood is fine, you just need to be sure to isolate from the slab with plastic sheeting. For that matter, ALL the wood that touches the slab should be isolated from it. You could use pressure treated kiln dried wood for all the bottom plates and for the bottom board of the curb, then use non-PT wood to build up the rest of the curb.

Keep in mind that if you leave the drain where it is, the slope of the floor will be much steeper in the areas where the drain is closer to the walls, and much more gradual elsewhere, and will feel funny to walk on. But perhaps your shower head is positioned, or could be, so that excessive slope near the walls won't be a problem.
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote