View Single Post
Unread 01-25-2020, 10:27 AM   #33
ss3964spd

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd
Removing bloatware programs you don't need/want is pretty straight forward, just Google Windows 10 bloatware - lots of tutorials. But it isn't all that necessary since most of them are just taking up space on the SSD.

What you probably do want to do is disable/remove programs you don't use from starting automatically when you turn the machine on, as those can impact speed/performance. Easy to do: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-startup-apps

Windows Defender, MS's built in AV, is pretty decent, and is what I use on my tablet, but I use the tablet only for internet , and it doesn't stay on, and thus connected to the internet, for long periods. Previous and current desktop runs Norton (now a subscription service), and has for well over 15 years . Norton is a high overhead (impacts speed/performance to some degree) program but is very good. I've never had virus on that machine, even with 5 people sharing it.
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote