View Single Post
Unread 04-25-2019, 09:18 PM   #6
cx
Moderator emeritus

Thanks much, PC. The only Dell I've ever owned was an Inspiron model. Didn't last long, but long enough for me to get a taste of their legendarily horrible technical service phone bank. It wasn't as bad as I've heard advertised, though, it was much worse than that. The only thing that kept me from throwing it out the window was our good friend and my computer hero, Joe Gleason. He helped me through whatever problem I had whilst I was out in the desert of western New Mexico on my way to a place with even less resources for a couple months. I spent two hours on the phone with Dell with no results at all. Took Joe about ten minutes to walk me through whatever it was.

But recently I've seen where Joe mentioned that he, too, had purchased a Dell Something and was fixin' to be real happy with it. I'll have to give that some serious thought.

You say you put the solid state hard drives in your own machines. How does one know if he's buying a Dell with such drives already installed? Just by looking at the price tag?

Is buying a Dell and changing out the hard drive something I want to even consider doing myself? I'm actually very handy at working on things electrical, including computers, I just never can figger out how to operate the damn things. I'm a little surprised there are still hard drives that are not solid state. I expected that to become the norm years ago, but that just goes to show what I know about computers.

Shawn, I'll be interested in hearing what you find in your shopping.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is offline   Reply With Quote