View Single Post
Unread 09-21-2021, 07:49 AM   #4
cx
Moderator emeritus

I thought we'd gotten over the OSB vs. Plywood when it comes to strength or rigidity, but, again, what you see in those TCNA Methods is testing that someone paid for. If the test (ASTM C627) was run with plywood, the accepted Method is going to specify plywood. If run with both plywood and OSB, it would say both or either. That's my understanding of it.

As for the tile size difference in F152, you'll note that it allows the smaller 4x4 tiles only if the top flange is 2 1/4" wide. If only 1 1/2" wide, you're back to 8x8 or larger. And it would be the membrane manufacturer(s) paying for the testing.

The tile installation product manufacturers can make any specification they want for their product. Especially true for the uncoupling membrane manufacturers where no standard has been established for their product.

As I said in Post #2, I agree that mosaics or pebbles should be considered more like natural stone than ceramic tile in regards to strength. But I don't vote and I don't pay for the testing.

My opinion; worth price charged.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is offline   Reply With Quote