View Single Post
Unread 09-16-2020, 03:33 PM   #3
padiyguy

Thanks for the reply CX.

Quote:
By whom?
Tile store

Quote:
If you're looking for grout release action, choose a grout release. If you just want a penetrating sealer, either of the Miracle products will suffice. You can seal before the grout release if you want. And you can seal after grouting if you want.
I didn't even consider the grout release. Any thoughts on using this with my marble? Actually upon further reading, the aquamix product referenced below claims it acts as a grout release as well.

Quote:
As for an enhancer (The Aqua Mix product), the only way you'll know just what effect it will have on your tile is to apply some of it to one of your tiles. Sometimes the effect is rather dramatic, sometimes much more subtle. The enhancer is also a penetrating sealer and if you want to use it you'll want to apply it before you apply any other sealer or grout release.
At $50 for the jug, I will probably go with the aqua mix enhancer. Wish I could try it on a tile but oh well. Reviews seem good and lots of good feedback here.

Quote:
You do understand that using any of those sealers will not protect your stone form all sorts of stains? You will get some temporary protection (helpful if you clean up quickly) from some sorts of stains, but I recommend you don't think of them as full protection of your stone backsplash.
Yes I realize that, but thanks for the reminder. Sadly, I was actually thinking of having some piece of cardboard that my wife can put up when she is cooking... pretty tacky. Or she can just be more careful!! Our kitchen was so trashy before, it didnt really matter. After the renovation hopefully we will have a little more respect.

Sadly I still don't really understand the difference between these two products:

Miracle Sealants Tile, Stone and Grout Sealer
Miracle Sealants 511 Impregnator