View Single Post
Unread 02-22-2021, 09:36 PM   #10
cx
Moderator emeritus

Emily, please keep all your project questions on one thread so folks can see what you're working on and what's been previously asked and answered. Matters not how divergent your individual questions might be, if they remain in this bathroom, ask them here. A moderator can give it a more generic title any time you'd like to suggest one.

I have personal knowledge of more than one cardboard box with an interior covered in Kerdi membrane that have been used for years as a container for ice and cold drinks and used as a test container filled with water and had various soaps and other personal care products and, again, was kept full and constantly observed for a year or more. Didn't leak.

This video was on youtube, perhaps?

The biggest potential problem I see with your shower is the use of the marble for the shower floor (or anywhere else, for that matter). If you type marble shower, just those two words, into our Advanced Search feature you'll find a good bit of reading, much of it very negative. You may want to re-think your choice of tile for that application.

I know of no reports of any sort of tile/grout sealer being harmful to the Kerdi membrane. That said, I would still recommend you not seal your shower floor regardless the tile you elect to use.

If you're concerned with standing water I recommend you divest yourself of that foam tray and construct a sloped shower floor using mortar so you'll actually have the minimum slope of 1/4" per foot required by building code and the ceramic tile industry.

My opinion; worth price charged.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is online now   Reply With Quote