Thread: wiring question
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 10:36 PM   #2
Houston Remodeler
Pondering retirement daily

STAR Senior Contributor

Houston Remodeler's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 27,862
The sensor replaces the switch. Use an occupancy sensor.

The current electrical code requires a neutral at all junction boxes to allow the use of sensors (as an energy saving) Therefore you need a hot/feed wire at the sensor junction box location. The occupancy sensor is normally placed at wall switch height.

The driver is in line after the switch.

My recommendation would be to install a dimmer after the motion / occupancy sensor. The dimmer can be anywhere from next to the sensor or in the toe kick or inside the cabinet.

For when DIY isn't such a good idea...
Houston TX area Kitchen & Bath Remodeling
Houston Remodeler is offline   Reply With Quote