Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Professionals' Hangout (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   dust deputy (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=113063)

drwcal 06-06-2014 02:47 PM

dust deputy

Which dust deputy do you guy find most effective and convient to use ( move around in small residentual sits) when grinding and sanding your floors.
Dirk

Tiger Mountain Tile Inc 06-06-2014 09:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just got a dust deputy and think it's the holy grail of dustless grinding. But I'm not sure what you mean by "which one"? When I bought it off Amazon there was basically one product with some different accessory options.

By the way, I bought the second shown option.

Tiger Mountain Tile Inc 06-06-2014 09:38 PM

Dirk, I'm curious did you post this thread here or was it moved here?

edit: I've moved this to the pro's section where we have a good deal of tool threads and many pros have one of these. If one of the mods objects then move it where you want and I'll leave it alone. :D

cx 06-06-2014 10:25 PM

Dirk, if you'll type "dust deputy" into the Advanced Search and ask for your results as posts you'll find a good deal of discussion of the tool, much of it in a thread about vacuums.

Higher Standard Tile 06-07-2014 09:47 AM

I bought the third one down on Jim's picture. Bought it from Woodcraft.
Metal canister with wheels. One of my favorite tool purchases of 2013.

HS345 06-07-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac
I bought the third one down on Jim's picture. Bought it from Woodcraft.
Metal canister with wheels. One of my favorite tool purchases of 2013.

Yep, same here. :)

jwmezzanotte 06-07-2014 10:23 AM

Next tool purchase!

Getting tired of dust and changing bags. Its not like filter bags are cheap either

mullet 06-07-2014 02:49 PM

I have never seen any thing like that. My next purchase. I have a huge room to dew.

Tiger Mountain Tile Inc 06-07-2014 03:17 PM

Chuck, if you "dew" your room that might keep the dust down and you won't need one of these things. :D

jwmezzanotte 06-07-2014 04:55 PM

I dew see what you did there

mullet 06-07-2014 05:27 PM

:confused::lol1:

Floorit 06-08-2014 04:16 PM

I also have the 10 gallon metal canister with wheels.

Been very impressed with how much dust it can collect before it makes it to the vacuum. Did bend one of the wheels a bit when moving it when it was full (it gets heavy), but easily fixed.

tilemanct 06-09-2014 04:54 AM

The metal canister one. Best thing I ever bought!!!

blue_can 06-09-2014 12:18 PM

I have the DIY dust deputy - bought it after seeing posts about cyclone dust collection systems on this forum. If you get the DIY version all you need is a 5 gallon HD bucket with lid, and some other stuff like silicone, bolts etc and about 1/2 hour of time to put it together.

For those doing tile for living you might be better off buying the pre-made system and not spending the time making one up.

However if you make you own with the DIY version you can come up with the best mounting method to suit your vacuum.

I have been quite impressed with it - no more having to suit up to dust the filter off and the filter largely remains clean.

It looks like the price has gone up - I thought I had paid twenty some $ for the DIY one shipped direct from Oneida.

mctile 06-17-2014 02:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We use a few of the metal dust deputies. We even use them with our pulse vacs for extended filter life. I absolutely love them and highly recommend then to anyone doing and kind of diamond grinding. They are the next best thing to our Cyclone.......or should I say...the Dust Commissioner. :devil: