Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tile Forum/Advice Board (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Looking for plumber in Detroit Metro area to help with bath remodel (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=9418)

demann 01-06-2004 12:03 AM

Looking for plumber in Detroit Metro area to help with bath remodel

Hello all,

I live in Southfield, MI, and I have recently started a major remodel of our small master bath. I am going to do all of the work myself, and feel pretty competent with most everything. Except for the plumbing that is. I think I want that done by a pro.

I need the shower drain and toilet drain moved (1 foot for the shower drain, about 3 feet for the toilet). The bathroom is on a concrete slab (ranch house, no basement). I also want the shower head and controls moved to the opposite wall in the shower stall.

I have only lived in the area for four years, so I don't have many contacts for referrals for professionals. And I know I want a plumber that will do it right the first time, since the plumbing will be under concrete after it is finished.

So I will probably have other questions for the group but first off I could really use a referral for a good plumber in the Detroit Metro area. Thanks for your help.

Greg

John Bridge 01-06-2004 06:12 PM

Hi Greg, Welcome. :)

Put a post in the Pro Hangout, too. See if someone there can help you. Personally, I think moving drains is the easy part. :)

demann 01-06-2004 11:08 PM

Hi John,

Thanks, this is a great website you have here.

So you really think moving drains is a DIY?

I already figured that I would do the concrete busting and re-pouring myself to save money. Maybe I should consider doing the drain plumbing too.

Again, thanks for supporting such a great site.

Greg

John Bridge 01-07-2004 07:37 AM

Greg,

NOW is probably going to get on me for saying this, but we have girls moving plumbing. They get a little help with the heavy lifting is all. :)

davem 01-07-2004 09:05 AM

Greg, If you want to DIY, the folks around here will help you. Once you've got the hole busted, the rest is easy! If you have a digital camera so you can shoot pics and post them to this forum, you're all set. :)

Sonnie Layne 01-07-2004 04:11 PM

Hi Greg, welcome to Tileaholics Unanimous ;)

I concur with these two other guys that hang around here when they ain't sick.

demann 01-07-2004 07:11 PM

Cool, more home improvement stuff I can try myself. :smash:

I used to be braver about trying new stuff when my grandfather was still able to help me, but unfortunately he doesn't have the stamina for these types of projects anymore.

I still think I'll have davem's friend come give me an estimate, as I have some supply side plumbing that needs to be moved also.

Thanks for the motivation and support! :)
Greg