Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   The Mud Box (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The health care debate (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=74637)

HS345 06-16-2009 07:03 PM

I think yer eye waxer missed a spot Roger, here, lemme hep a brother out. :stick:

Just stayin' on "point" Joe.

:D

jgleason 06-16-2009 07:05 PM

Y'all need to play nice, I'm not going to be up all night riding herd on you. :shades:

HS345 06-16-2009 07:09 PM

We are playing nice Joe, it wasn't even a pointy stick. :yeah:

Me and Roger got an unnerstanding, correct me if I'm wrong Roger. :)

Nuthin' personal, I will tone it down, I wouldn't wanna keep you up all night Joe. :yawn:

jgleason 06-16-2009 07:11 PM

I've got more important things to do you know...:cheers:

:D

HS345 06-16-2009 07:16 PM

I know this isn't what some of you wanna hear, but you can't hide from the truth. Well, you can, but it will get you in the end.......er.......eventually. :o

The Public Plan Deception - It's Not About Choice

java 06-16-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Free Market? Where would you find that? It certainly does not exist in the US.
Not in the health sector for sure. Govt. intervention is the reason for the whole convoluted mess. And the biggest reason our medicines cost thousands a month. Thanks a bunch FDA.

TileArt1 06-16-2009 07:17 PM

Jason,

I would prefer health care without government in it at all. We're (America) clearly past the point where that can happen at all though, yes? Barring that I would like a plan that would make possible for people that cannot get insurance without mortgaging their home (my wife, for instance) to be covered.

Whether that is a government run program (sucks) or simply forcing (regulating) insurance in some form so that they are not able to simply drop coverage after loyal patronage after seven years (without using it for anything - ever). How to do that? I dunno.

Ideally I would prefer absolutely free market system. In which case companies like that would be immediately weeded out and go under. Who's gonna use their insurance after a couple of those episodes? But as Art has pointed out - where you gonna find that?

So yes, although government interference has probably played a big part in getting to this point I feel it is probably necessary in the form of reigning in the insurance and pharmaceutical companies in some form.

Why have insurance at all if, when something beyond your control happens, you are dropped and end up paying cash anyway? Isn't that why we get insurance to begin with? What's the point?

TileArt1 06-16-2009 07:19 PM

Yup, we are playing nice. :D I haven't even done this :bonk: to him . . . yet.

java 06-16-2009 07:24 PM

Roger, what do you think Obama is gona really give us? What is it that you are hearing him say? Single Payer or just a govt. plan that picks up the slack?

And just so you know, I feel for ya brother. I have no insurance for myself. I pay every month for a Blue Cross/ Blue Shield policy on my daughter. My wife, who is Navajo, gets 'injun care (it's free but it sucks).

TileArt1 06-16-2009 07:39 PM

I firmly believe that he eventually plans to give us exactly what you think he plans - single payer health care. I also firmly believe it will never happen.

Here's the thing, though, something different is going to happen. And it's about *&%$$#* time. The only thing different that has happened significantly, and by that I mean directly effecting me or my family, since I was on my own is, well, nothing. And it was fine, never needed it. I always took comfort in the fact that it would be there if we did need it, though. That's how most people look at it, until they do need it.

As far as I'm concerned insurance companies are simply legal crooks. Not all, mind you, I'm certain not all of them operate the same way. But if you put your trust in one then get dropped, good luck trying to find a trustful one to accept you after you've been diagnosed.

I believe, and Greg will correct me if I'm wrong :D, that people that don't need it see nothing wrong with the current situation. As has been stated, doing nothing is more viable than the current proposals. For someone that doesn't pay over $1500 a month for medication I'm sure it is. :) And although I'm sure they can see fault in the current system there is no immediate need for changing it. Just wait for something better to come along. Wish I had that luxury. :)

jgleason 06-16-2009 07:56 PM

The health insurance plan where I work sucks. Luckily for me I don't use it. My wife is a special education teacher at a public school. Although the plan has changed a couple of times we pay a very small premium (less than $200 per month) for family coverage. $5 copay for a doctor visit. Between $5-$20 per prescription (depends on use of generics or not).

java 06-16-2009 08:17 PM

Well if Obama says he wants Single Payer, and that is what he is pushing, then what are we gona get? The people he is listening to, the people in that video, say themselves that the end game is Single Payer. They admit that the means they are using are just a ruse. Over and over, the proponents of Single Payer health care say that they will accept a govt picks up the slack program. Why?, because they admit over and over that it will lead to a Single Payer system.

Here is my take on it.

I don't trust a single one of the belly crawlers. Dem. Reb. makes no difference. They are liars and thieves. They had to play the game to get into office and get to were they are. No sane, stand up person would want to rub elbows with the snakes in D.C.

So what do we do? Throw them all out. All of them They would really know who we the people are then. The new guys get in and they will listen to the people you better believe it. And we will get better govt.

They are worse than us around here at J.B. at arguing for the sake of arguing. At least we get up in the morning and take care of our tile businesses. They just look for another way to divide us and never get around to the peoples business.

tilelayer 06-16-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

The health insurance plan where I work sucks. Luckily for me I don't use it. My wife is a special education teacher at a public school. Although the plan has changed a couple of times we pay a very small premium (less than $200 per month) for family coverage. $5 copay for a doctor visit. Between $5-$20 per prescription (depends on use of generics or not).

Your lucky it cost me 25 to see the dr. I pay half of what the script actually costs my insulin costs a fortune along with any other script I need my insurance sucks and theres nothing I can do, without insulin I die. No one else will insure me cause of the diabetes.

Mark Krachenspiner 06-16-2009 08:46 PM

Anything short of todays doctors getting ahold of Dr. McCoys tricorder will result in a lesser quality of care than what we have now with the guberment involved.

And no, we will not ALL have Hillary's and Barry's health care plans. Another campaign promise not kept. Hope and change.

bathroomremodeler 06-16-2009 09:02 PM

Rodger,
I think many conservatives are worried about government health care, because of the statement you made in your 1st post … “I just want my wife to be able to get her medication AND the new used car she wants”.

For your wife to be insured, so you all don’t have to pay as much for medications, it would mean that the healthy would have to pay more for a service that they aren’t using … so the unhealthy can pay less. When you begin to pay less (because others are paying more) … you would then buy your wife a new (used) car with the savings.

There are other alternatives other than making other people pay some of your health bills.

Joe may have given you an answer ... go to work (or your wife) at a public school where your medications will cost $5 to $20 and you can have low premiums.

Rick suggested talking to the doctor about Humira (medication). One medication every two weeks has got to be cheaper (if it will work). Change doctors?

Grow your business (employee wise) where you can get group insurance with your company.

You are right. If I were in your shoes … I would want a change. I too, would be mad at the insurance company that dropped me and at the insurance companies that won’t give me a low cost policy (so they would have to pay $1650 a month, instead of me).

But I worry about that line that will be crossed, when I ask others to pay for my problems.