Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   The Mud Box (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Covid-19 and store shelves (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=128901)

Just In Tile LLC 03-13-2020 05:57 PM

Covid-19 and store shelves

Maybe this thread will be deleted maybe not :shrug:

How's your local stores looking on supplies? I've seen a couple empty shelf pictures from friends in major cities.

smifwal 03-13-2020 06:07 PM

I shop at Sam's and Costco. Plenty of food and beer, we're good here in KC. I got a freezer full of deer and 1/2 of a cow if anything changes, headed to Sam's tomorrow for the beer

Just In Tile LLC 03-13-2020 06:49 PM

Toilet paper for some reason has been the go to item in our stores. :scratch: Still have brand name stuff but generic stuff is all empty.

jerrymlr1 03-13-2020 07:02 PM

Quote:

Still have brand name stuff but generic stuff is all empty.
I guess in a pinch elcheapo does elfino. :)
Insanity rules the day.

makethatkerdistick 03-13-2020 08:16 PM

At my local big box stores, they're out of dust masks. I was doing some work involving harmful dust (sawdust, insulation, drilling into brick etc.) and was glad that I had a few masks left in my own supply. Whoever bought those masks will derive little benefit for COVID-19 protection (unless they're sick themselves and want to protect others).

I don't worry about TP supply. I've got a bidet. Keeps the butt clean and the drain pipes unclogged.

Shady at Best 03-13-2020 08:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here in northern California, Sacramento. Store shelves are full minus toilet paper, lysol, hand sanitizer, and imported foods from China.

Kman 03-13-2020 09:29 PM

Went to three stores yesterday evening, two of them were Walmart. None of them had TP. Two more stores north of me where my wife went had none. The two stores in my little town had none. It's crazy. :crazy:

A few weeks ago we started getting frozen prepared meals from a local place. They have about sixteen different meals that includes a meat and a couple of vegetables for $5. Just have to microwave it for three minutes. Went by there today and got about 50 of them, so we're good to go for a couple of weeks.

The guy who runs the place said they had been very busy and expected to run out of certain meals very soon. The guy who came in after me had to change his order a bit because they were running out of a certain one he ordered.

We're trying to just make sure we're good for a couple of weeks without going overboard. I've seen some people buying as much as 200 rolls of toilet paper. They must be figuring that the virus makes you crap uncontrollably or something. :crazy:

We really expected the schools to close this coming week, since spring break is the week after, but the governor decided against it, so I guess everything is still going in my part of the world. The two local colleges did move to online classes only for the rest of the year, and the Walmart Home Office (several thousand people) is having all their people work from home for the next three weeks.

All I've heard is that we need to wash our hands. That's the primary advice they're giving everyone. Almost makes me wish I still had my hands in mud every day. Nothing could survive that. :)

Davy 03-14-2020 09:38 AM

Spring break was last week but they're extending it another week.

My wife says there's a lot of empty shelves out at our local stores, toilet paper is bought out.

Tiger Mountain Tile Inc 03-14-2020 11:46 AM

I went to Target yesterday. The toilet paper, cleaning aisle, and canned goods are gone. It's pretty crazy but it gives you an idea of what will happen when a real emergency happens.

Just In Tile LLC 03-14-2020 12:35 PM

My prepper friend must be laughing to himself right now. :clap2: He bought a year supply of food on Amazon year’s ago. He also bought lots of antibiotics years ago.... funny how if this was a larger problem or turns into one, his rationale wasn’t too far off. Bidet in the house was also a recommendation by him.:scratch:

ss3964spd 03-14-2020 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin
Bidet in the house was also a recommendation by him

Yup, I'm not sweating the no-TP thing. ;)

ceramictec 03-14-2020 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just In Tile LLC (Post 1539911)
funny how if this was a larger problem or turns into one, his rationale wasn’t too far off.

And if he never used the stuff it was a waste of time and money :D

Lazarus 03-14-2020 03:20 PM

Where the hell do I go here? Toilet paper seems to be like gold. WTF? Why are people going ballistic over TP? Last I heard, Wuhan Virus was passed by physical contact or sneezing. I have heard NOTHING about BUTT To BUTT contact....(and who does that?) Don't rub your ass against someone who actually has this virus. HOLY CRAP...how stupid are people?

jerrymlr1 03-14-2020 04:02 PM

What r you smokin Laz?

ss3964spd 03-14-2020 04:08 PM

I think people are worried about the supply chain being severely impacted or completely shut down, Laz, same thing about the food supply.

Obsessing over TP seems a little overboard though; if one needs to freshen up there's always the shower, and I've not heard that coronavirus is transmitted though the water supply.

I'll tell ya though, if I can't get frozen burritos at the Piggly Wiggly there's gonna trouble. :D