Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Professionals' Hangout (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Your Works In Progress Or Finished Pics (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70412)

MarkTarkus 06-19-2011 02:22 PM

I like working alone, most of the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian
was it made by Ferroker?

No, Feinsteinzueg or something. Parkland series from Bedrosians. Nice stuff.

Chad Deiter Company 06-19-2011 02:29 PM

I hate working alone it's freaking boring. I mean who am I going to joke with and make me forget I'm at work.

ceramictec 06-19-2011 02:30 PM

talk to yourself since most of the time your the only one listening to ya..lol

cx 06-19-2011 02:31 PM

Wait a few years, Chad. You'll have no trouble forgetting where you are. Or why. :D

Chad Deiter Company 06-19-2011 02:35 PM

Brian I will have you know that most people appreciate my gay sense of humor lol

Kilauea 06-19-2011 04:35 PM

Very nice,Mark:tup2:

Rd Tile 06-19-2011 04:42 PM

Yes, that's DensShield a few pages back on my walls, waterproof and 1/4 the price of kerdiboard.:)

Chad Deiter Company 06-19-2011 05:14 PM

What do you install Denssheild with ? Air nailer or screw gun ?

Rd Tile 06-19-2011 05:50 PM

A hammer.:)

Chad Deiter Company 06-19-2011 05:54 PM

So just old school hammer and 1 1/4" galvanized nails.

Rd Tile 06-19-2011 05:56 PM

Yup, works for me.:)

Cain 06-19-2011 06:10 PM

update

well it seems the homeowner thinks it looks better than at his gym even with my crooked grout lines.
I told him that It doesn't look like the show piece he asked for and I promised.
that while good enough may be ok for most, I expect better from myself and am not at all pleased with the final outcome.
he said he will talk about it with his partner tomorrow and they will decide what they want to do.
I said no problem, I am ordering the tile and when we get your other bathroom up and running, I want to fix this one.

now the back story is..... I was recommended to them by my favorite tile store,
they have a downtown location that caters the fancier clientèle, and up until this job, I had no in with them.
interior designer they have on the job is also someone I would like seeing my work, at least my good work. so in order to maintain and build on these relationships I feel that this job needs to be done to the highest standard possible and I feel like an ass that dropped something else entirely.
so thanks for the moral support and sorry I posted pics of something that looked like that. hopefully in a few weeks I'll have a much better before and after.
either that or I'll have had just enough rope........doh!

Levi the Tile Guy 06-19-2011 06:15 PM

Looks great Mark.

And I don't like working alone at all. My knees are shot so I hate getting up and down all the time to run to the saw, and I am slow enough with help much less by my self. Plus if I work by myself then I have to grout by myself :( If I have to grout at all, I sure want somebody ringing and flinging makes grouting 3x faster.

Chad Deiter Company 06-19-2011 06:17 PM

Cain you took care of it like a man. I applaud that and exactly what your talking about is great as far as leaving great work to look at. But I gotta be honest I highly doubt even the designer would have noticed they're usually figuring out how to make my installs harder to do :D

tilelayer 06-19-2011 06:17 PM

Levi,

I like to grout, i fill all my buckets in the am for the job lug them all up. I grout it destresses me, I don't even need to think about it when I do it.