Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tile Forum/Advice Board (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Help Designing a Shower Floor (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=126877)

makethatkerdistick 04-11-2019 04:10 PM

I really like that mixture of modern and traditional. Glad you could use the Spectralock. :tup2:

Gozo 04-11-2019 06:23 PM

What’s with the light fixture in the shower?

I’ve seen that reflection view more than once before. Must be a common angle for the shot. First time I was like OMG! :eek:

otrex 04-12-2019 11:04 AM

Thanks, makethatkerdistick, that's exactly the look we were going for! Very glad to have used Spectralock now that I see the force with which that showerhead pounds the water onto the floor. I would say the flow rate is 2-3 times more than the old shower, so having something tough for grout helps to avoid needing to test the Kerdi.

Yes, Gozo, I noticed that this particular shower glass looks very clear and so it's hard to tell which side of the glass various things are on. In fact, last night our little cat (in the picture above) crashed into the glass chasing a ball of painter's tape that she had found somewhere. She's totally fine, by the way.

It's only a matter of time before I pull a "Three Stooges" and smack my face on the glass.

JohnnyPronto 04-12-2019 01:49 PM

Looks awesome. I love how its partially exposed with glass

otrex 04-14-2019 10:20 PM

This project is not quite finished. Have to connect the vanity plumbing, put up the towel bar etc, but we're largely complete at this point.

Just wanted to send a message of thanks for everyone who helped me make this project the best it could be. Really appreciate the tips and advice, but in particular, the chance to ask questions and learn.

I may get back to post again in this thread, but even if I don't, a new challenge emerges - my parents need someone to tile their new bathroom reno this Summer, and having read and observed carefully, I think I'm going to give it a shot! If that should happen, it's good to know there are talented people I can ask for help should I need it.

Thanks again!

cx 04-15-2019 07:47 AM

Well, you've seen first-hand what you can expect when hiring "professionals" to do that kind of work, Kevin. Maybe you'd have better luck at your parents' house, but I think you're probably correct in thinking doing it yourself will give you better control over the work quality and final outcome.

Good luck with it and do feel free to come back if you run into strange things that we might help with.

Maynerd 05-25-2019 10:47 AM

Big Thanks

Otrex,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post all of this. Finding your project and the sweat you have put into it is super encouraging for me and the project just inherited. So much detail, and so many photos.

And to all of the advisors posting to help here - well, you really stuck with Otrex to the end and that speaks very highly for the forum also. If you are all thinking, "Oh, no, here we go again....", well, yes....)

Again, thank you. A great effort on your part from someone who appreciates it.