Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Professionals' Hangout (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Your Works In Progress Or Finished Pics (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70412)

HS345 03-27-2009 08:57 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Working onna shower.

Dueling niches (his 'n hers), dry laid the floor today, it was fun, no really. ;)

java 03-27-2009 09:07 PM

Sweet layout on the floor Greg.

cx 03-27-2009 09:35 PM

Yeah, most excellent lay-out, indeed, Greg. :)

Musta got lucky, eh? :D

HS345 03-27-2009 09:39 PM

Luck?! Bah!!

Excellent pre-planning and attention to detail..................okay, I got lucky. :yeah:

Hey, luck still counts. ;)

cx 03-27-2009 09:44 PM

Oh, yeah, luck counts. Back when I was an Air Traffic Controller I worked with one fella who said on nearly a daily basis, "I'll take luck over skill any day." And let me tell you boys and girls, he did! :D

Bill Vincent 03-27-2009 10:04 PM

Nice work EVERYONE!! Dave and Rick, everyone went right by ya!!

Greg-- I got one question for you-- why just the one small piece in the border, rather than splitting it and having two bigger pieces, one on either side? Other than that, that shower is phenominal!

oogabooga 03-27-2009 10:21 PM

Dave & Greg, some sweet looking work there:tup2:

Rob.

HS345 03-27-2009 10:34 PM

Bill, to answer your question, laziness. :D Naw (not this time anyhoo), it's just a dry fit, it was late inna day and I still needed to get the Kerdi down on the floor. I'll prolly do something with it on Monday. Good eye. ;)

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Didn't mean to breeze past ya Dave and Rick. Nice work! :yo:

tilerite 03-28-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill
Nice work there Rick

Thank you, Bill. Nice work everyone. Awesome pictures!

Old World Tile and Marble 03-28-2009 12:16 PM

5 Attachment(s)
heres some non tile work in progress

and one in the same resturant with tile.

The Kid 04-02-2009 10:02 AM

3 Attachment(s)
heres a PITA backsplash i just finished. Had to make up the difference from where the old splash was and mirror so instead of patching sheet rock and moving mirror i just added some schluter deco to strectch it out.

The Kid 04-02-2009 10:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Going to finish this splash up today.

Brady Wimer 04-02-2009 09:50 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I almost feel embarrassed adding pictures to this thread with some of the work that has been put up on here--it truly is amazing. Nonetheless, I just finished grouting this a few hours ago (as you can see, I just finished wiping it down and the grout is darker in some areas). Strange shaped shower with five walls--it has no door. I had a hard time getting pictures due to the odd configuration.

BP Tile 04-02-2009 10:11 PM

Brady, nice jobs there.... what kind of shower pan is.....1 big pieces?

Brady Wimer 04-02-2009 10:18 PM

Yes, one solid piece. Silestone, I believe. It was custom made. They are very popular around here in new constructions--this was by far the most convoluted one I have seen yet. The plumbers install them--I just come in and do the tile, nothing to it!

Crestone Tile 04-02-2009 11:59 PM

Nice Brady,

How do you tie in the waterproofing from the walls ... tiling flange?

Brady Wimer 04-03-2009 07:02 AM

Matt--

There is a flange/lip attached to the base that goes all the way around the back of the shower base against the studs. I use durock for the walls and redguard for the waterproofer. I run the durock over the flange and then silicone between the walls and the shower base (there isn't more than a 1/16 gap there) so it is sealed. Hopefully that explantion makes sense. :)

Bill Vincent 04-03-2009 04:19 PM

Nice work, Brady! :) I gotta ask, though-- what is that running around the perimeter of the shower pan?

Jeremy-- yours too! There's just something about brick joint tumbled stone... :tup1: I have a feeling when I redo one of the bathrooms in my house this summer I'm going to do a wainscot with it. Nice stuff... especially with the mosaic!

gueuzeman 04-03-2009 06:30 PM

Jeremy- that glass splash is sweet. Got any pics on the end detail? Did the shhluter deco strip have an end cap?

gueuze

tilerite 04-03-2009 07:13 PM

Brady

Looks like Dal Ridgeview or Catania series tile. Am I correct?

Brady Wimer 04-03-2009 07:21 PM

Bill--

That is the entire shower pan--it's all one piece. It is a solid base that has a "curb" that runs all of the way around it (these are very popular here). There is a flange on the back of the curb that goes against the studs and the walls go over the top of it. The inside curb then completes the front of the shower base curb as well. I have done a bunch of these--they are real easy to work with, I like them. That curb is curved so when the water runs down the walls it just rolls right onto the floor and down the drain. I'll try and get some better pictures of it and post them.

Brady Wimer 04-03-2009 07:41 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are a few other things I have done (I don't have near as many pictures as I would like of past work).

Bill Vincent 04-03-2009 07:47 PM

That tubdeck and skirt are impressive, mister. Very nice! :)

Brady Wimer 04-03-2009 07:58 PM

Thanks a lot, Bill. The tub and shower all connected together--it was pretty cool. Those steps are in a courthouse I did over the summer. There were 8,000 feet of floors and 4,000 feet of walls--it was myself and two other guys. We did some serious work--especially hauling the three pallets of tile upstairs by hand--ugh.

mossypath 04-05-2009 04:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have been doing a lot of work for one client and get along with her pretty well.She wanted to help with the backslash this weekend, She caught on pretty quickly and we had a lot of fun. When a home owner seams interested I will try to teach them to do something like painting or caulking.I had a 65 year old woman told me she always wanted to learn to caulk .Before we were done we had recaulked all her bathrooms and she felt good enough about it to try some work outside by herself. I have had a lot of people tell me they wanted to learn to tile but have never had them pull up there sleeves before.

ceramictec 04-05-2009 06:16 PM

looks nice.
how are you finishing the outside edges ?

HS345 04-05-2009 06:42 PM

Nice work there Brady, and Tammara. :tup2:

Chad Deiter Company 04-05-2009 07:23 PM

Recent Master

4 Attachment(s)
Some pics of a recent Master Bath project. We did all the tile and the Stone on the firepace. Kerdi Shower number 12 for me ... Enjoy :cheers:

cx 04-05-2009 07:49 PM

Nice work, guys. :)

Shaughnn 04-05-2009 08:13 PM

Tamara,
I understand and agree with you completely. One of my most satisfying memories was allowing a firefighter to set the final floor tile in his brand new house when he brought his crew by to see it one day. They made a big production and took pictures of him proudly setting the last tile.
About a year later, he died in one of the Southern California wildfires and the photo of him setting that tile was part of his memorial, with thousands of fellow firefighters in attendance. Such a small gesture, to invite the client's participation, and yet it left a profound impression on all who knew him.
Shaughnn

belletile 04-05-2009 08:56 PM

Tamara
This is a little off topic but,
I see your quote tag on your signature line is from Nick Bantock,
We sold our home about four years ago, the buyer was Nick Bantock. I think he liked the tile! And the stone, and a few other funky bits. Only took me ten years to do it all.
He is a very interesting man and I have really enjoyed getting to know him. I went back last year and added on a tile patio, part of the payment was a piece of original art that he did for us.
So, people really do notice those quotes.

ceramictec 04-06-2009 09:23 AM

here's a remodel I did a few months ago.

5 Attachment(s)
homeowner had some tile falling off in his shower and wanted to remodel anyways. ripped out old tile, removed shower floor and old mud bed, removed old tub & drywall. re-framed for a new round tub. removed old vanity and he had someone install new cabinets with Granite tops.

[b]12x12 Travertine on wall with accent band.
Kerdi Shower.
2x2 Travertine on shower floor.
18x18 Travertine on floor.
bullnose all tile edges and base.

Before....

ceramictec 04-06-2009 09:24 AM

5 Attachment(s)
rip out...

ceramictec 04-06-2009 09:25 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Installation...

ceramictec 04-06-2009 09:26 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Completed...

http://i43.tinypic.com/33uy1w4.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/1zf51xe.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2my69ts.jpg

muskymike 04-06-2009 04:51 PM

I liked the other way Brian. :D

Just kiddin! Really looks awesome! :tup1:

Bill Vincent 04-06-2009 05:42 PM

Very nice work, gentlemen!

Shaughnn and Tammara-- I used to do the very same thing on every job, if the homeowner was around. But then I got three customers right in a row who all said the very same thing to me--"isn't that what we're paying YOU for?" After that, I figured why bother. I'm glad to see there are still some who appreciate the gesture. :)

ceramictec 04-06-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

I liked the other way Brian.

Just kiddin! Really looks awesome!
Thanks Mike :)

Tiletim 04-07-2009 09:37 PM

Chad I like the detail work on the listello - looks great.

Brain, nice job on the trav. - is that a 3/8 or 1/2 profile wheel for the bullnose?
where do you buy from?

gueuzeman 04-07-2009 10:11 PM

Very sharp, Brian.

gueuze