Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Professionals' Hangout (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Your Works In Progress Or Finished Pics (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70412)

johntrent 05-10-2011 02:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Wow Adrianna! That is very nice work you have there - I am sure the HO must be happy with it :)

Here is a Kerdi Drain modified with an Ebbe strainer. I had a customer who was adamant that her drain would not have any screw holes in it. So I took an Ebbe drain cover with the Kerdi strainer base to a fabrication shop & had it cut down. She is very happy with it....

johntrent 05-10-2011 03:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Got a couple of finished pics of a pool we completed a couple of weeks ago. Wasn't sure I liked the tile when installing but now that it is completed I really like the way it turned out.

Higher Standard Tile 05-10-2011 04:01 PM

Very nice John! How much prep did you have to do to the pool to get it ready for tile?

tileguynky 05-10-2011 06:13 PM

Everything is looking good guys and gals.

Eric, I too had a similar problem as you with my MAC. I found that if my image size was opposite of the height and width limit of the forum, the pics would rotate when viewed later.

John, nice drain!:tup2: I kept looking at it sitting on the center console (???) trying to figure out what type of floor you installed it in. Did the machine shop make more?

Cain 05-10-2011 08:24 PM

well Jim's got my back:tup2:
and I didn't feel I was getting beat up on.
I made a couple of layout mistakes, and they were noticed. no biggie. I had noticed them already.. If I listened to people I know, I do the greatest work..... I post here and expect honesty and opinions on how to improve. don't know too many good setters and the ones I do don't see my work all that often, so its hard getting any true feedback.
clients are readers here,as I suggest to all clients they should read here to insure I am doing the job properly, so I choose to leave the discussion alone until job was completed. and in the future my works in progress will be completed before I post, so you can all pick away:tongue:
and I will take cuts to the wall over cuts to the drain any day of the week.

Houston Remodeler 05-10-2011 08:26 PM

Glad to hear it Cain.

You're work is top notch and it shows.

Obie1 05-10-2011 10:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
set this recycled flagstone fireplace last week with prolite, good stuff. Some of the pieces we're 2" thick and I had 6 pallets of stone to choose from though most of it was garbage. sealed before I set with enhance n seal.

Square pusher 05-10-2011 11:31 PM

Nice one John, I just might have to use that drain idea.

Looks good Obie.

Higher Standard Tile 05-11-2011 12:35 AM

Obie- Nice job, using the recycled material. And nice job showing off your set of Stabilas.:tup2:

silvercitytile 05-11-2011 12:45 AM

i love the rose GG:tup2:
and John i like that conversion of the Ebbe drain for the kerdi drain:tup2: Very Inovative:bow:

bulldog tile 05-11-2011 05:07 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here's a tub and shower just completed:

10" x 20" porcelain

Attachment 98742

20" x 40" porcelain

Attachment 98743

Little bit of all of it

Attachment 98744

Just started this house, framed with 14 gauge studs. Double studs are welded together. What a PITA to fasten to. Waiting for carpenters to install some pan backing before we continue with this shower.

Lazarus 05-11-2011 05:10 PM

Very nice, Donnie. Good work!

Obie1 05-11-2011 05:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Like that herringbone pattern on the floor there Donnie:tup2:

so here is a garage I tiled a portion of a few weeks back, now Im back to tile the whole thing which was my proposal that was turned down by the ho. Gonna cost them more now and Im locked in to the layout. Today was float day, 1 3/4" to nothing.

Lazarus 05-11-2011 05:58 PM

Nice feathering job, Obie. Did you use a thinset slurry on the "feather edges?"

And whot was the deal with your preposel being "turned down?"

Obie1 05-11-2011 06:07 PM

Thanks Laz, Yeah the entire think had thinset slurry and Had some leftover lath that I threw in the deep areas. When I originally looked at the job I had told the HO that the floor needed an anti-fracture membrane as well as a float to make it right. They opted to have me membrane and set in the area that was to be the kitchen(its a garage turned studio) and then have carpet butting up to my tile that I had built up 1/2" at the highest spot with some 4XLT. Somewhere along the way they decided they wanted me to do the whole thing. I'd like to think it was my charming personality:D