Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Professionals' Hangout (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Your Works In Progress Or Finished Pics (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70412)

Hamilton 05-09-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Just realized... how do i rotate the photos?
Gotta do it on your end before you upload them. Nice work anyway.

CASAVANT TILE 05-09-2011 08:09 PM

Sorry folks, i cant, for the life of me, figure out how to rotate these photos... they are in the right direction on my computer, and theres no rotate button to be found... hmmm...

ceramictec 05-09-2011 08:13 PM

what viewer do you use to view pictures ?

CASAVANT TILE 05-09-2011 08:16 PM

Ita a mac, so iphoto? i have a pc too, but havent used it in a year or two, if that makes things easier

ceramictec 05-09-2011 08:19 PM

Rotate photo - Command-R
Rotate photo opposite direction - Option-Command-R or press the Option key while clicking the Rotate button

muskymike 05-09-2011 08:31 PM

Nice work everyone :tup1:. Hammy, I'm not sure how efficient that heat system is. I would like to strangle the guy that did it. It shoulda been put under the subfloor not between the layers.

CASAVANT TILE 05-09-2011 08:50 PM

Thanks Brian! Thats exactly the advice i needed to figure it out! Thet look much better now that they're facing the right way! Im a remodeler, not a computer nerd... :smash:

silvercitytile 05-09-2011 09:00 PM

yeah back to the show. cant wait to see more Pics in progress of thast pool John :tup2::tup2:

dont woory Eric i'm the same:) nice pics mang!

Tiger Mountain Tile Inc 05-09-2011 10:35 PM

I don't check in for a couple of days and this thread is already put in 6 more pages.

In regards to picking the photos apart, it seemed to me that everyone was ganging up on one guy. I was just trying to defend the guy with the odds against him.

jondon 05-10-2011 04:35 AM

John, looking forward to seeing the pool, looks like a neat project to do. Did someone else do the pour and forming? Yes the ceiling on that shower you posted, wanna see that too.

Mike, nice work on your floor to git it right.

Kevin, maybe you can git a free membership after your done. Purple guard waterproofing on the walls and kerdi pans? Who makes purple guard? Why cbu on the ceiling, just curious.

Eric really nice shower, star, niche...

Jim, don't worry bout it, the show must go on........ If you can't take criticism then I agree you shouldn't be posting your work. I know when I do a project I could always have done something different but I only realize that when it is done. But I learn for the next job. So I am always open to criticism and expect it.

GraniteGirl 05-10-2011 09:16 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Sorry for the weird links and all, but the forum did not want to let me upload things this morning. (Nevermind - Joe fixed it for me)

Here are some more shots of the rose medallion:

Laying out the background dry. All the pieces in the background were removed from the mesh and hand-set.
Attachment 98657

Grouting the mosaic: I did not want the other tile guy to fuss with grouting all the fiddly bits. The stems are quite fine and fragile and were miserable to work around.
Attachment 98658

A couple profile shots to show the elevation of the rose, buds and leaves:
Attachment 98660

Attachment 98661

The finished product. There are a few tiles left out for screws, but those will be added back in once the mosaic is set and screwed down.
Attachment 98659

The people loved it. The lady hugged me and was almost in tears. Made me feel a little bad giving them the bill. :crap:

All in all it took about 40 hours. I will post some pictures of the piece once the rest of the bathroom is done.

Chad Deiter Company 05-10-2011 10:09 AM

Did she still wanna hug you after the bill ? Looks great good work on that Adriana

MudMaker 05-10-2011 11:45 AM

Adriana.. what are you using for pics? I clicked onit and it sent me about 10 popups from wanting to play games to winning all kinds of stuff... :shrug:

jgleason 05-10-2011 12:52 PM

I fixed up the photos for you Adriana. :)

As for the weird links - Frank, the images are posted to imageshack. I didn't get any popups when I clicked the small pics. :shrug:

GraniteGirl 05-10-2011 01:29 PM

Thanks, Joe

I tried all which ways to upload this morning, but had no luck. Gave me weird kinds of error messages. Then I just gave up and uploaded the links. It would not even let me attach images from links like you just fixed 'em. :dunce: