Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Professionals' Hangout (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Your Works In Progress Or Finished Pics (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70412)

Chad Deiter Company 05-01-2011 06:28 PM

Oh that makes sense Steve. I'm glad your a part of it your a stand up guy.

mossypath 05-01-2011 06:34 PM

Nice work everyone !!
Chuck you have created a very nice bathroom . Sure the homeowners will enjoy it for years to come , timeless :D.

K_Tile 05-01-2011 07:31 PM

Steve
That Makita will last a lifetime. Ours has thousands of feet under it shroud and still going strong. Our sawtec grinders have been repaired two or three times with less footage.

I agree with The Tile Shop glass tile. I have installed the green colored and it does shadow definitely underneath cabinets. Nice Work.

TileArt1 05-01-2011 08:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Nice work Chuck, Justin and Steve!

Tryin' to catch some stuff up so worked today to finish up a kitchen. Granite and glass - love stuff like this, nice break from standing in showers all day. :D Gonna get spectralock later this week.

JTile 05-01-2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon
what size niche is that 18" W by 12" high? Prefab. or framed?

Yea that's about the size of it. I framed it out myself as I do with all niches. They don't take too long and that way I can change the size to make them fit into any layout I want.. to center it, have full tiles surrounding it etc etc.

Nice looking kitchen Roger!

Obie1 05-01-2011 08:17 PM

Nice countertop Roger!:tup2: What kinda ply did u have underneath the ditra? and did you set the skirt with unmodified? just curious cause I have a similar project coming up.

TileArt1 05-01-2011 08:44 PM

Thanks guys.

Obie, I have two layers of 3/4" exterior grade AB (or AC?) ply with kd 1x2's (the good ones - not the fitty-cent ones from homer :D ) around the perimeter. Ditra on top with kerdi-band around the edges and along the base of the splash (not done in photo yet).

I used modified for everything - part of the reason it's not getting epoxy until later this week.

tilelayer 05-01-2011 08:49 PM

Roger glass looks good, sucks about the intercom being where it is.

Higher Standard Tile 05-01-2011 09:09 PM

Nice work Roger, Steve, Vince, Rod, Chuck, Justin and anybody else I may have missed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Bridge
Isaac, I'm curious as to why the floor goes in before the drywall.

Not my first choice, a scheduling thing. They electrician got delayed, so they couldn't hang drywall, tile showed up, owner was in town and wanted to see the tile installed, and it worked better for my schedule too. I'll come back later to do tub surround and tile base.

But GC promises to cover the floor real good. :uhh:

And Obie there were some cracks in the slab, fairly minor. This GC likes antifracture under all the tile, I also think it is a good idea, especially when I get paid for it.

silvercitytile 05-01-2011 10:27 PM

Who cares what the GC thinks? i like it under all my instalations:stick:

Hammy 05-01-2011 10:33 PM

"Im considering starting my own thread to cover the topic of the job im
on Johnk. Technically it wasnt wet set, but the mud was mixed too wet.
With multiple other instances of things done wrong almost every area
of the job failed.

http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/...ne+demo&page=3

Jack, did you ever start your own thread on the above topic. I found that thread very informative.

Hammy

Higher Standard Tile 05-02-2011 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff
Who cares what the GC thinks? i like it under all my instalations

I do too, and the ones that are willing to pay for it get the extra insurance from a full coverage antifracture membrane.

Do you only set over membranes for slab installations?

silvercitytile 05-02-2011 12:45 AM

i try too do whats best in all slab applications, underlayment for slab fractures.control joints of my layout and perimerter movement gap 1/8' - 1/4".

Cain 05-02-2011 05:15 AM

same here, we have so many poorly poured slabs here, sometimes on gravel, but alot of time on dirt, that I do not like to tile directly to slabs.
if no cracks I use liquids. if I see cracks I use sheets. Noble cis is my prefered

jondon 05-02-2011 05:35 AM

Quote:

posted by Isaac:
But GC promises to cover the floor real good.
Promises, promises.... After that floor is grouted, sealed, cleaned... I would be covering it myself with the protective kraft paper. Then take a pic, I have heard promises before and then the "well we didn't think it would be any problem." :rolleyes: Cover your arse, I mean floor:clap1: