Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Professionals' Hangout (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Your Works In Progress Or Finished Pics (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70412)

Hamilton 01-04-2011 08:50 PM

Nothin to it, right Stephen?:twitch::D Absolutely nice:tup1:

Tilehelperdan 01-04-2011 08:53 PM

Positively stunning work, Stephen. My jaw dropped when I saw it. :tup1::clap1:

Mountain Tile 01-04-2011 08:54 PM

Slate looks good Levi, Steve, another classy install :tup1: Stephen, excellent work man.

tilelayer 01-04-2011 09:20 PM

Steve looks good man, now we know where you have been hiding.

Hamilton 01-04-2011 09:48 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Rarely, almost never will I let someone talk me into doing tile over another guys mud, let alone a job where the tile has been chiseled from the mud and there is rough thinset and netting from the previous tile sticking out. I have done much work in this house and was happy to be working. It was a pain in the neck though. Dome rail needs enhancer but will match later. Some of the crappiest mud I have ever set over honestly. There were 1/4 in crowns, outward in the side walls. Cant figure how that happens, usually mud sinks in, not out. Regardless it was what it was.

tilelayer 01-04-2011 09:56 PM

JAck looks good.

Mud will flap out or slide if you try to put it on too thick in one sitting. Don't ask me how I know.

Levi the Tile Guy 01-04-2011 09:56 PM

Very nice as usual Jack. Maybe it crowned cause it was slopped up too wet? dunno. BTW what is with the tape you always have over your grout joints? Is that to help you check for lippage instead of using your fingers or something?

Hamilton 01-04-2011 10:07 PM

The tape would be me saving the free nonsag thinset I got from Laticrete to put chair rail around the mirrors I have to do in the next day or two lmao!. The tile in the pics is all set with 220. I needed the medium bed to fix the horrible mud under the tile :yeah: I did use the free thinset to test on glass. When I realized it was a great nonsag I decided to put it to the test and use it to set 2x12 travertine chair rails lol.

Levi the Tile Guy 01-04-2011 10:11 PM

LMAO:lol2::lol2::lol2:

I thought you were on to something there. I can't keep tile clean or dry enough to get tape to actually stick to it and hold it :(

I have found that stucco tape works a lot better than blue painters tape though, and it doesn't leave a mark either.

Hamilton 01-04-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi
BTW what is with the tape you always have over your grout joints?

Straight answer: The tape just keeps the diagonal tile in place from sliding. I would use it with nonsag because I, like alot of you am very OCD hehe. I like tape, and I have no qualms with taping tile where I want it to stay. I have seen non sag move ever sooo much, and it drives me nuts. I want my tile to stay right where I want it to stay.:yeah:

irish tileguy in michigan 01-04-2011 10:22 PM

Jack, really nice return on the border

silvercitytile 01-04-2011 10:37 PM

very nice jack!

K_Tile 01-05-2011 06:43 AM

Jack.

Is the window in the shower a Cali thing? It seems every job you do has one.

Nice work.

Cain 01-05-2011 09:14 AM

looks Good Jack, I really like that accent.

Levi, I agree about the stucco tape, it's more durable than the blue when wet, sticks well but doesn't pull paint. great stuff

pooky 01-05-2011 04:12 PM

cool jack

1 Attachment(s)
dig that Escher deco

was looking at a contractor's site and found this pic of my work . . . love this material . . . can't remember the name of it . . . anyone know?