Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Professionals' Hangout (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Your Works In Progress Or Finished Pics (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70412)

CaliGrown 12-24-2020 07:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Shawn!! Good excuse to drag myself and the wife into the makeup aisle :)
Thanks for the link, lifesaver.
I screwed up wearing the wrong type and getting the hands in the water & mortar buckets.. had this style on yesterday:

smifwal 12-24-2020 07:45 PM

Funny as this is, this is where I got the idea for the gloves while you sleep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfxo4Ls9fbc

CaliGrown 12-24-2020 09:54 PM

Lmao, one more reason to like oceans 11. Funny where we find our useful info from. Happy Holidays Shawn, and to the JBF Pros and Regulars!!

jerrymlr1 12-25-2020 10:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Been using these for a while.

smifwal 12-25-2020 01:11 PM

Merry Christmas Christopher.

Jerry: I have used a pair or two of something similar I think, they are thicker than your average nitrile glove? I like that you almost never had blow outs putting them on or when you were working they wouldn't just tear but I felt like I was wearing M.O.P.P. gear I couldn't feel a dam thing. I have never wore gloves in anything I have done other than my time working at the hospital in the ER and I hated wearing them there if I was doing an IV or a blood draw, old peoples veins are hard enough to feel with out the gloves. That link I shared, the fire department switch over to those, that is how I found that particular one but they are a touch thicker than the ones that they use to use and what I used at the hospital but they last all day and with a little baby powder or more often thinset you could reuse them. I assume since you have been using them for a while you like them? I am just trying to give perspective to any one that is reading this looking for gloves, not knocking your choice of glove. I am so used to being without a glove that I need as close to bare hand as I can get

Tool Guy - Kg 12-25-2020 11:49 PM

Cement products are fairly alkaline on the pH scale. Another member of the John Bridge forum named Shaughnn got me to try vinegar a dozen years ago to neutralize my skin. It’s worked for me.

Take a look at this thread on Cracked, Dry Hands.

Tile & Stone Guild 01-01-2021 03:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This job has been sucking the life out of me. Hard part is over, about 2-3 weeks left to finish.

Tile & Stone Guild 01-06-2021 06:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Same shower without the LED backlights on, looks quite different. Individual 4" fish scale tiles. 8hrs to run 35 sq ft floor, the walls and ceiling are going to be even slower.

speed51133 01-07-2021 09:25 AM

I use nitrile gloves UNDERNEATH those stretchy fabric gloves with a vinyl coat. All nitrile gloves seen to tear on sharp tile edges and the trowel edges. The two gloves give a perfect combination. I also keep a bucket of warm water around to periodically dip my hands in to clean the fabric gloves.

CaliGrown 01-14-2021 02:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Next level stuff Jeff!!!

Helped a fellow installer, he said it was thin panel porcelain. Material was 2cm slabs, we got ‘em in regardless, damn near killed ourselves on the stairwell though.

tilemanct 01-16-2021 08:00 AM

Is he still your friend?

jerrymlr1 01-16-2021 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris
Material was 2cm slabs

I'll take tile the size of a quarter anyday over that stuff. One chip in a Bisazza tile and you're lookin at a couple minutes replacing it. A chip in one of those large panels and you have a day spent. I saw some 4x8 porcelain panels on the wall over the pool that had chips all over the bottom sides all along the pool. As far as I know they left em in place after I left. At least a $50 mil home.

CaliGrown 01-16-2021 11:54 PM

Lmao Dave,
yep, still friends. Just happened to be my turn to help him out on this one!

All chipping happened on the backside fortunately, stuff seemed to have so much stress in it (nothing to do with my driving) it was sending chunks of tile chips even with the alpha mini saw.

I don’t think there’s such a thing as a 50 mil “home” more likely a 50 mil McMansion/EGO Flex. Freaking CA BS driving me up the wall. Seems that the magnifying glass is always focused on the certain details with blurred vision on others ( in your case it’s on the pool work opposed to meeting basic standards of craftsmanship elsewhere). Wild wild world we live in...

Karls tile Inc 01-18-2021 09:37 PM

Nice work on the slabs.

jondon 01-31-2021 06:39 AM

4 Attachment(s)
posted by Jeff
Quote:

Same shower without the LED backlights on, looks quite different. Individual 4" fish scale tiles. 8hrs to run 35 sq ft floor, the walls and ceiling are going to be even slower.
Jeff sweet slab install and with LEDs, impressive. I have never done a slab shower. I did a chalkboard shower once for an engineer with 48" pieces it was a challenge because the shower was same size. I would really like to do a slab shower someday I just have to get someone who wants one:)

Christopher same compliment on your slab shower:wohoo:

Speaking of slow, the most impressive work is not done in a rush. Enjoy what you are doing it's amazing. Too many people are in a hurry.

Couple recent jobs. 2X4 thin panel shower with electronic valve. Done a few of these now, blue tooth owners really like them. Second one has the same set up. Zebra drain grate for a customer who is from Africa. She had a bunch of animals around figures and crafty pieces her dad made her, he sought graphic arts. Surprised her at the end. She loved it.

Just had surgery on the tendons in my right arm, tennis elbow for the last year and a half. After it didn't get better the MRI showed the tendons were in need of repair so now I rest. I guess I am a work in progress as well. Enjoying my time away from tile learning other stuff.