Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   The Mud Box (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The health care debate (https://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=74637)

Davestone 01-25-2011 09:57 AM

Another new law

Did you know under the new health care there will be a 3.8% tax on the sale of real estate...after the 2012 elections...http://www.gop.gov/blog/10/04/08/oba...are-taxes-home

MudMaker 01-25-2011 10:08 AM

Yep...
Shouldn't this be unner the Health Care Thread?

ob1kanobee 01-25-2011 10:16 AM

Nobody reads the healthcare thread but should be posted there too. That whole bill is nuts.

Davestone 01-25-2011 12:03 PM

I couldn't find it.:scratch:

HS345 01-25-2011 12:10 PM

Hey, we gotta pay for this monstrosity somehow. Of course, never mind the fact that higher taxes almost always result in lower tax revenues. :rolleyes:

MudMaker 02-02-2011 05:02 PM

The Obama Administration has granted 733 waivers to Unions who don't want to buy into the Health Care law... Hummmmmm Vely Intelesting

ob1kanobee 02-02-2011 06:35 PM

^^^^^FRANK^^^^^^

Hence my new signature :D

Davestone 02-02-2011 06:37 PM

JUST shut up and support it like you're told !!!:D

MudMaker 02-26-2011 03:33 PM

Been busy this week watchin a Grandson whilst his mother (no insurance) was in the Hospital.. Received great care.. Was having pains in her chest and numbness in an arm along with a bloating stomach.. I mean in one day she looked 3 months pregnant... Been there since last Sunday, had an EGD, Colonoscopy, Sonograms, blood testing.. Found liquid in the lungs, stomach ulcers, and a polyp (which they removed and was precancerous) She will most likely not have any cost as related to this event because between the Hospital writing it off and State Assistance provided will cover her weeks stay (so far) 100%..

TileArt1 02-26-2011 05:48 PM

I'm a bit confused about the reason behind your post there, Frank. Are you saying that the manner in which this week of care for your daughter (in-law?) during which she received great care paid for by taxpayers...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank
between the Hospital writing it off and State Assistance provided will cover her weeks stay (so far) 100%..

- both of which are paid for by the taxpayers - is a better solution???

Or are you suggesting that things are fine the way they are because if you don't have insurance the taxpayers will end up paying for you. Why, by the way, do you think health insurance and care costs so much right now? That particular scenario is a very large part of it.

If you're trying to prove that no one is denied care if they're not insured - I don't believe anyone ever tried to dispute that - it's simply a phantom argument by the right to claim the left says we need it because otherwise you won't have care. No one says that - it's simply one of the right's strawman debates. So - is that the point you were trying to make? If so, I understand - you're simply following in line. :sheep: Well done - the ghost of Ronnie past would be proud! :yawn:

Glad to hear she's doing well!

MudMaker 02-28-2011 06:32 PM

Canadian Health Care at it's best.. or worst... Socialized Health Care is Great??

The Canadian hospital under fire for ordering parents to remove their young son from life support because he is a vegetative state has backed down and agreed to one of the family's requests: to let the boy die at home.

MudMaker 05-18-2011 06:15 PM

I can't wait till we pass this bill so you all can see what's innit - Nancy Pelosi...
Well now in her district, 3 dozen waivers granted to high end Restaurants and hotels to get a get out of jail (Government Health Care) free card... ... Hummmmm.. methinks something stinks... ;)

sandbagger 05-20-2011 11:15 AM

don't be so quick to knock those waivers, Paco. In the end they could actually kill Obamacare.

An interesting strategy has been hatched, but it requires getting a GOP president. The genius of the plan is not just it's simplicity but how uses the Dems' tactics against them in a jujitsu move.

The new GOP president simply issues a waiver to each of the 50 states. Obamacare is dead without a single vote of Congress or a liberal judge intervening. Game over. :oyeah:

ob1kanobee 05-20-2011 12:52 PM

ART

Not too sure. Parts of the law take effect at different times and come 2014 the main part of the law takes effect. Currently, the waivers issues are only for 1 or 2 year periods of time.

We'd have to see if it would be legal to give a permanent waiver. What you're going to see in 2014 is the money won't be there to fund the subsidies. It definitely won't be there for states to absorb more Medicaid cost as it moves from 100% FPL to 133%.

sandbagger 05-20-2011 03:42 PM

Ben - I don't doubt that it prolly won't be quite as simple as I described, but I still think the waiver is the Achilles heel of Obamacare. Issue enough of them and the plan implodes. You don't even have to issue them all at once if there's a time limit and all that. Just enough at any given time to neuter the Feds. I have no doubt there are some smart folks on the right already working on it. :dance: