kerdifix questions [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : kerdifix questions

Viking Girl
04-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Everyone,

Couple of specific questions on kerdi fix (the sticky stuff in a caulk tube that Schluter sells). I have used it to "glue" the kerdi to the porcelain on my new cast iron tub (making sure it will not show at the bottom of the tile). I am also going to use it to plug the holes from where I screw in the ledger board for my first course of tile (really the second row, as the one directly above the tub is actually the first, but you know what I mean). Loved it to attach the kerdi to the tub -- it is wicked good. But, here are my two questions on kerdi fix:

1. How in heaven do you clean the stuff off your fingers??????:confused:
2. When I use it to fill/plug the ledger board screw holes, do I just fill the hole with kerdifix and smear it around a little, or what? Or should I not be using it for that and patching with a piece of kerdi instead? In his Kerdi Shower Book, John says it's OK to use for these holes.

Thanks everyone for your help. I really appreciate it!

Sponsored Links

MarkTarkus
04-02-2010, 09:30 PM
1-it will wear off in a day or so.
2-those holes will be just fine.
That stuff is the goo!

cx
04-02-2010, 09:35 PM
1. Alcohol will cut the Kerdi Fix while it's uncured.

2. I prefer KerdiBand patches, but the Kerdi Fix will work.

My opinion; worth price charged.

Viking Girl
04-03-2010, 07:15 AM
CX, why do you prefer the patches?

dhagin
04-03-2010, 12:19 PM
I think because with the patches you can get the 2" overlap that Schluter requires for waterproofing. CX will chime in if I'm missing something. :)

cx
04-03-2010, 01:10 PM
What Dana said. :)

Viking Girl
04-04-2010, 04:03 PM
(Sigh . . .) Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm one to do it right, and I just didn't feel like it could be as easy as smearing a bunch of kerdi fix in the hole. I'll probably end up doing that PLUS putting in a patch.

Can't believe it but the stuff is already worn off my fingers.

Thanks again for the help! :wohoo: