formatting music [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : formatting music

flamingoroad
10-30-2003, 07:14 AM
hi,
looking for some help on this.
even though i have "music plus!", "easy CD", and "roxio" and between the three programs i can usually convert any music to whatever format i wish.

but i just ran across a music file tagged, MP3a, anyone familiar with this and what program i could use to convert it to WAV .

thanks, bill

Sponsored Links

flamingoroad
10-30-2003, 09:41 PM
ok, let me further say that what i want to do is edit this sound file.
cut out a bit of the end. the easiest way i know of is by using the sound recorder, which will edit wav files.
but, if anyone knows how i might otherwise edit this MP3a file i would appreciate some help.

thanks, bill

davem
10-30-2003, 10:16 PM
Sorry Bill, I don't even know what an mp3a file is. :(

Sonnie Layne
11-03-2003, 05:13 PM
Bill, I haven't screwed much with digital sound since it's inception.

Firstly, Don't know how serious you are about your music/sampling/composing, but I could likely put in touch with a lead or two, but

Secondly, they're likely to be using Macs with proprietary software that doesn't do much else and you may well need some hardware (input) to make it what it is. (But that's what they use.... PC has never been able to get their shit together when it comes to specific tasks)

Thirdly, if it involves rippin' music, can't help you. Just a thing of mine.

I'm trying to remember ...... a trade magazine for the recording industry.... sorry, but it's there and that would be a good place to. Use the net, that's what it's there for...... the library that was always available to us that we had to learn to use that we hated to go to.... relate????:D:D:D:D

I had a short composing career digitally back when we couldn't record a conversation. Then my mind got changed...

I'm gonna have to think about that one...

aajames
11-04-2003, 07:19 PM
flamingo....

You might try renaming it to .mp3, and see what happens. Also, you maywant to check out http://www.dbpoweramp.com/, they have some of the best converters I've found.