Mud set walls [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Mud set walls

bassboatelvis
02-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Does anyone mud set shower walls anymore? I have for years and the builders I used to work for insisted on it now it seems that everyone wants backer board and mud set walls have gone the way of the dinosaur. I am opening this up for discussion. Would love to hear some thoughts.

Sponsored Links

Tilehelperdan
02-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Hi David. There are a few areas where mud work is alive and well. California comes to mind. You may be happy to know that a chunk of the setters on this site can and do float walls, and many of those who don't want to learn. In fact, we are in the process of putting together a mud seminar down in texas. I consider myself part of the future of the trade, and I have a great desire to be able to float walls. Seems to me like its something a setter should be able to do.

Link to the discussion about the class- http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81480

Dave Taylor
02-08-2010, 01:17 AM
Welcome to Tile Your World forums and.... please review your "Private Messages".

The training session of which Dan speaks is reserved for tile and stone professionals in this forum who are actively practicing the building trades.

If this fits your situation may I encourage you to navigate to our “Professional’s Hangout” forum and introduce yourself.

Thanks David, and welcome again to TYW.