Smaller quantities of Quartz-Lock grout??? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Smaller quantities of Quartz-Lock grout???

Traci0422
12-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Hello,
We used Quartz-Lock grout for both a new kitchen backsplash and in a new bathroom. The issue is that the contractor doing the bathroom tile/grout ALMOST finished and ran out of grout!!! And by almost finished, I mean that we need less than ONE POUND of grout! :sick: So...as I'm sure anyone who's used it realizes, it can only be purchased in 9 or 18 lb buckets and is quite expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what (if anything) we can do to avoid paying $100 plus for that much grout that we then won't be able to use? We used the Silver Gray color and are happy with it, so I'm not sure if any other grout would possibly work or if we just need to suck it up and buy 9 lbs of it??! Thanks for any advice!

Sponsored Links

quinocampa
12-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Spectralock epoxy grout from Laticrete is of the highest quality, if that is what you were shooting for with Quartz-Lock. It offers many of the same features -- polymer based, color permanence, stain resistance, etc. It also offers a wide range of colors, giving you a good chance of approximating the Silver Grey. A mini kit costs less than $25 from Lowes. I think this offers you the best odds, with the color match representing the risk.

MudMaker
12-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Hi Traci,
Welcome to the Forum.. :)
Don't know what they can do, but you may try calling QuartzLock and axe them..
They are really nice guys and may be able to do something for ya..

cx
12-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Welcome, Traci. :)

One of the good things about Quartz Lock grout is that it remains usable in the bucket for a very long time after it's been partially used.

Perhaps the company can tell you who else bought some of your color recently. I have also found them to be a friendly and helpful group, as MM said.

You might also post a request on our Buy/Sell/Trade forum giving your request and some geographic information. Never know, you might stumble upon somebody with a big ol' bucket of the stuff they been meanin' to throw away. :)

jgleason
12-04-2009, 06:06 PM
I've got some leftover but it isn't the color you need. More of a brown.