Shower Curb Lath [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Shower Curb Lath

schu0812
04-23-2008, 06:53 AM
I'm to the point to build my mud curb in my new tile shower. I can't seem to find the galvanized metal lath sold in the size mentioned on this site. All I found was some metal (aluminum?) gutter protection strips that looks like the lath mentioned on this site.

Any recommendations for finding this lath at a certain distributor besides HD or are the gutter protection strips ok?

Sponsored Links

madronatile
04-23-2008, 07:29 AM
My lowes can special order it, don't know about your area. I get mine at a concrete/plaster/stucco supply house.

Mike2
04-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Try a local building materials or masonry supply house that distributes stucco supplies. They should have it.

jadnashua
04-23-2008, 05:33 PM
The big box stores usually carry it, but it is not in the tile section..check over near the concrete and siding; you'll probably find a pile of it. You may want to bring a pair of work gloves...the cut edges (and even the uncut ones) can be nasty. They usually carry the lighter stuff - 2#, if you want heavier, you'll have to go elsewhere.

Lazarus
04-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Sometimes it's referred to as "Expanded diamond lathe."

jadnashua
04-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Probably the bigger use for the lath is with stucco, that's why it is stocked over by the cement products rather than the tile stuff.