cut ceramic harlequin tiles [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : cut ceramic harlequin tiles

patjohn
02-29-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm tiling a bathtub surround. The field tiles will be 3x6 ceramic subways. I'd like to add an accent band of 6" black ceramic harlequin tiles. My design would require cuting over 100 of these black harlequins. What wet tile saw would be adequate to cut these? If I dress the cut edges of these black tiles would the white underbody of the tile show too much or should not dress these tiles at all? Because of this concern the tile saw must cleanly. Thank you, Pat.

Sponsored Links

RedRock
02-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Pat, are you cutting all the harlequins by hand? If so, you might do some more shopping around and see if you can find some already made. Cutting will inevitably leave some rough edges but a good quality wet tile saw and a new good quality blade will help.

patjohn
02-29-2008, 08:24 PM
I plan on using whole, uncut harlequin (diamond-shaped) tiles along with cut harlequins (cut in half) and inverted for fill-in, in order to create a contineous, squared-up 6" accent band. Assuming that these cut tiles will need edge-dressing, my concern is revealing to much of the white under-body. I suppose keeping my grout a little higher than I intended might be the solution to this problem. Thank You for your reply, Pat