Tile ? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Tile ?

Dano382
02-28-2008, 10:44 AM
[FONT=Arial]Hello. I have a question about this tile I like. I am getting ready to start tileing my bathroom. I have a 3x6 shower with curb,niche and corner bench. The tile I like is exclusive to home depot. It only comes in 16x16 with 3x12 bullnose. Am I going to have a problem doing my curb or corner bench area's without 6" or 4" tiles available? I called marazzi and they will have other tiles ready in april but don't want to wait. Tile is a porcelain with a slight tubmbled edge....

Should I shop for tile that has all trims available or is this do-able?

I will post my progress with the shower. I love this forum and have found all the guidence from this forum. Thanks to all.

Dano

Sponsored Links

Dano382
02-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Anyone????

Shaughnn
02-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Hello Dano,
With a good saw, you shouldn't have a problem with the trim. You'll have to rip the bullnose down to fit the curb and your joints obviously won't line up with the larger field tile, but you can make that a feature and not an obstacle with a bit of forethought.
Best of luck,
Shaughnn

Dano382
02-28-2008, 02:13 PM
Thanks Shaughnn, I am planning on getting a felker. Just not sure if it's worth the time to rip and waste alot of tile. I could cut 4" of each 3x12 to center it on the field tiles but kind of a waste. Price is good on the tile at 1.99 for 16's and looks like travertine. Going to go shopping again this weekend at www.edpawlacktile.com. Hopefully find something. trying to stay in a budget of course.

Can I bullnose porcelain?

Dano

Shaughnn
02-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Dano,
Yes, "through-bodied" porcelain tile can be bullnosed. But if you aren't already set up with the tools to do so, it's an expensive proposition. Then there's the learning curve which will add some to your waste as well.
Shaughnn

SheilaC
02-28-2008, 06:32 PM
I used 18X18 tile in my shower and it din't have any matching pieces. I used Schluter edging for the curb so I didn't have the edge of the tile showing.