Slate Walls, Sealers and Grout Releasers [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Slate Walls, Sealers and Grout Releasers

Baseballgary
02-27-2008, 07:38 AM
I finally finished installing slate tile on the walls of my first floor bathroom. Now its time to gear up for the grout which can be very labor intensive. I am a little confused about the advice I see within some of the postings on slate and sealers. My understanding is the sealer will not be a huge help releasing the grout from the surface of the slate. I may want to use a grout release. Go slow and work in small areas yes, but the order of applications should be what:

Seal - Grout Release - Grout – Seal Again or

Grout Release - Grout - Seal?

What’s the preferred method toward making it easier to grout a slate wall? Thanks in advance for the help!

Sponsored Links

Mike2
02-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Gary, do you ultimately intend to apply an enhancer to your slate? If so, that changes the suggested order of things.

Baseballgary
02-27-2008, 11:28 AM
I guess I have not thought of an enhancer, but I would like the slate tile to stand-out since I have put so much time and effort into it.

What would be the application order for the enhancer, sealer, grout and grout release?